Chapter 60

It was quiet in the room. I wasn't sure of what Eleanor said to her to make her sit and listen to me but I was thankful. I could tell she had been crying. It was just me and Oce in our bedroom. Though she refused to refer to it as ours. She stood up. She refused to go near the bed. I sat in front of her, looking up at her. We suddenly began to speak at the same time, then stopped to hear what the other person was trying to say.

"No go ahead" I told her

I need to know where her head was.

"I just" she started, "Don't understand why this happened or what the hell its even happening"

"Oce"

She inhaled sharply

"I'm going to ask you one question and only one. Did you have sex with her?"

I looked in her eyes. I didn't want to hurt her and lying would do just that so I told her the truth.

"Yes"

She stood there as still as stone. I searched her face for any kind of emotion

"Say something" I pleaded

"There's nothing to say" she spoke in monotone

Her tone scared me. It sounded so cold.

"Oce it happened when I had just divorced Melanie. It didn't happen when she said it happened. I never cheated on you"

"I can't be around you right now"

"What?" 

She turned to walk away. I stood up and grabbed her wrist.

"Wait"

"Harry, let me go" 

"Oce, please"

"No!" she shouted

I released her wrist. Danielle rushed in.

"Oce?" she looked at her and then at me

"Can the kids and I stay with you at your place?" 

"Of course" she looked at her, trying to understand what might've been said. They left the room. I sat down on the bed and looked back up as I saw Liam walk into the room.

"What happened?" he asked

"I...she doesn't believe me. I just...I don't want to lose her over a one night stand with some bird months ago. It's like once we're happy, shit happens and fucks it all up"

Lou walked in and looked at me, folding his arms.

"So what the fuck did you say to her?"

"What?" I looked at him confused

"Oce is staying with Danielle"

"I know" I rolled my eyes and rubbed my forehead

"If the press sees Oce and the kids leaving..."

"I know Lou!" I shouted, "I fucking know. I'm quite aware of the obvious. Ok?"

He nodded and raised his arms.

"Sorry" 

I sighed.

"So what are you going to do?" Liam mumbled

"I have to go to her and see why she's saying all of these lies"

"What?" Lou looked at me with wide-eyes 

"Mate that's not-" Liam started

"No it's not a good idea, Liam! That's a fucking idiotic idea. Why would you even think that's ok?"