chapter 29

I sat at my desk replaying the events of last night over and over in my bed.

“Will you…?”

Every time I thought about it, I got winded.

“I love you, you know that?”

My breathing started to shortened again.

“Oce…?”

Leah snapped me out of my thoughts.

“It’s time for your meeting”

I nodded and stood up mindlessly. I walked out of my office and to the office of my supervisor; my boss. I knocked and he waved for me to come in.

“Yes, yes, let me call you back. I’m in the middle of a meeting” he said into the phone before hanging up.

I walked over to him and sat down.

“Oceane! How have you been?”

“Great, sir thank you”

“How’s the little tyke? Getting into trouble, yet?”

“Thankfully not yet” I laughed

“Great…great, well I called you in here to offer you the position of a lifetime”

“Wait…” I snapped back into reality, “You mean…like the position you sent an email out about…the CEO of-”

“Our L.A. Office in the states? Yes. That’s the position”

“Pardon me for saying this but I don’t think I’m qualified for that”

“Rubbish! You’re the only person I trust. And sure there may be a few things you’ve gotta learn but we’ll take care of that, no problem”

My face dropped. I instantly began to smile. 

“Oh my god”

“Of course everything is covered and through corporate housing in Los Angeles”

My mind started racing, only to suddenly come to a stop. It stopped at the moment when I shared my news with Harry which meant me taking Edward away. He loved that boy.

“So what do you say?”

“I…I…” I repeated

“It’s a lot to take in, give me your answer in two weeks”

I nodded.

I could live with that.

I was still unable to find the words to say aloud. I left his office and walked back to mine. Everything was falling into place for me and I had so many different paths I could take.

Caleb and Edward

Harry and Edward

L.A. Or London

And the biggest one of all….marriage.

It was all too much. I couldn’t take it. Suddenly I went into a panic attack. My heart started racing, my breath was shortened. My palms were sweaty. I was terrified.

Leah walked in and panicked grabbing me and rushing me up to the top of the roof.

“Breathe!” she tried to soothe me

I was crying hysterically. 

“Did he fire you or something?”

“No” I gasped, “He wants to promote me”