chapter 41

“I need to talk to you about something” I walked into Oce’s hospital room

She looked up at me as she breastfed Ella.

“I…” I started to speak

I lost my train of thought when I saw her holding our daughter. She was beautiful. The site of them both was breathtaking. I was in love. She smiled at me.

“What were you going to say?” she asked looking back down at Ella

“Oh uhm yeah, Louis and I have decided that you and the kids will be staying at my place”

“Why?” she looked at me confused

“For your safety and it’s easier for me to help you with Ella and Edward.”

“I guess what I want to know is why this decision was made without me rather than with me” she clarified herself

She wasn’t taking this well.

Oceane’s POV

I sat there slightly upset with the fact that I wasn’t included in this decision. And as far as I could remember I’d never lived with Harry.

“We want this for your safety”

“My safety?”

“Yes, your safety” Harry repeated himself 

“From?” I stared at him.

“Caleb” 

“He won’t hurt me. He loves me”

“No” Harry took a step closer to me, I could see what I said upset him, “I love you. He doesn’t, he just wants to hurt you”

“Harry”

“No Oce, he’s trying to take away our daughter. That’s not love. That’s insanity”

He had a point. 

“But Caleb wouldn’t hurt me. I doubt that.”

“I refuse to take that chance” Harry shrugged, “Plus the boys are moving a majority of your clothing and Edward’s things into my place right now”

“What!” I shouted, “They’re doing what! What the hell! You…oh my god!”

“I don’t care if you’re upset with me and Louis for making this decision without you but I love you and you’ll get over it.”

“I…” I tried to think of something to say 

“Exactly” He moved a little closer and kissed my forehead. 

I shook my head. I hated that he was right but I loved that I was his main concern. 

It was the day of my discharge. I had spent a month in the hospital recovering and I was ready to go home, well technically Harry’s home. Ella was strong enough to go home and I couldn’t wait to eat regular food, like ice cream. Niall promised me Nando’s. I couldn’t remember the food chain but he promised it would be amazing. He made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. I was slowly but surely learning everyone’s names. I still felt bad for struggling with this. But they insisted that it was ok and for me not to worry about it. I gathered up the rest of Ella’s things and waited for the nurse to bring her to me.

“Ready?” Harry popped his head into the room

“I am. We’re just waiting on our little princess” I smiled

He walked over to me and pulled me into his arms. I rested my head on his chest. I might’ve been bedridden for a while but I couldn’t wait to sleep in a real bed.

“All bundled up” we heard as the nurse walked in with Ella bundled in a blanket and her sleeping cap

Harry took her from the nurse and placed her into her carry-along car seat. I snapped the belts around her and made sure she was safely tucked in.

“Thank you” I smiled at the nurse, “For everything.”

We heard a knock at the door. It was the doctor.

“Hello! Ms. Auzenne I just wanted to give you some last minute information about your head injury. You may experience some flashbacks, nightmares or even some memories may be lost forever and some may return in bits and pieces. But you have Mr. Styles here so he will see to it that you’re well taken care of”

“Of course, doc” Harry smiled

“But we will need you to come back to see the neurologist to see how everything’s healing up there”

I nodded.

“Ok” 

I signed the necessary paperwork and we proceeded to leave the hospital.

“Oh my god” I sighed seeing the paparazzi outside.

“Cover Ella up and security will walk us out”

“Thank you” I smiled at the guards

“No problem ma’am”

We walked out of the building and the mania began.

“OCEANE! HARRY! HARRY! IS THIS YOUR SECOND CHILD! IS IT TRUE YOU’RE FIGHTING FOR CUSTODY FOR YOUR OWN BIOLOGICAL CHILD? WHERE IS CALEB? WHEN IS THE COURT DATE! OCE! OCEANE! WILL THIS AFFECT YOUR TOUR? HARRY!” they screamed, shouted, pushed, yelled and swore

Tour? Wait, wait, what? What tour? 

And how did they know this information?

We finally made it to the car. I climbed in and closed the passenger door behind me. I snapped her car seat into position and buckled it in. I sat in the back while Harry drove his car to his place. It was quiet. Ella was sound asleep. I touch her tiny hands and kissed them. She was so precious. I sat back and looked out the window at the buildings passing by.

I looked at Harry as he drove. 

Why didn’t he tell me? Why didn’t he say anything about this tour? 

I decided not to think about it for the time being. 

Is everyone tucked in?” I asked as Harry walked into his bedroom.

“Well Edward is staying with Uncle Lou and Ella is sound asleep so you could say that” He yawned waving the baby monitor.

He sat it down on the nightstand and joined me in bed. 

“How do you feel?” he mumbled into my ear in his sexy sleepy voice

“At ease” I told him snuggling up to his chest.

“Do you feel at home?” he looked at me, I looked up at him

“Is this my home?”

“No” he blinked, “It’s our home”

I smiled.

And yeah I did feel at home for the first time, our home. Everything was working out in our favor. Everything.