026

"happy new year"

It was New Year's Eve, and as usual Mrs. Malfoy had planned her anual ball. The attire was chosen by most people's mother's, the dresses floral and the suit's blue, pink, and white. Narcissa had a new theme for her party every year, this one surprisingly being spring. She'd never done a spring theme before, so the sudden change and color pallets was pretty unexpected.

My hair was curled, hanging till it was tightly clipped into a bun. My corset squeezed me, so much I felt like I was about to burst. "You look... beautiful." A genuine smile fell to my lips, loving when my mother complimented me. I was never a needy child, but I definitely craved affection... her affection.

"Thank you, mother... you look very nice as well." She grinned, wrapping her arm around mine and leading us down to the Malfoy's ballroom.

"It looks delightful, Cissy." She smiled at the nickname I'd given her when I was around six, leading us to the punch bowl then telling us about the guests.

"There's so many people that, Lucius invited... I wish it was just us here." I chuckled at her words, trying to lighten the mood as she was clearly annoyed by the situation. "Oh, there's Draco." My mother clapped her hands together, applauding the boy like she was his number one fan.

"Young, Mrs. Young." He kissed my mother's hand, the small doing causing a smile to spread across her lips.

"You two should dance!" My mother's suggestion caused me bite my lip, seeing as Astoria was clearly waiting for someone.

"Sure." He cut me off and drag me to the main floor before I could protest, pulling me away from the scene like we'd just committed a crime.

"What are you doing?" We began to waltz, Astoria staring at us blankly then making her way to Adrian.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, darling." He smirked, turning as he saw me looking over his shoulder. He gave me a look, clearly questioning why I'd been staring at her. "Wh-" I quickly cut him off, not wanting to hear another one of his bullshit excuses that he was so good at making.

"Why don't you go dance with, Astoria?" His jaw clenched, much like how it had clenched my hand. I winced, till he pulled me close.

"Stop asking dumb questions," His lips were then on mine, the kiss deepening as I threw my hands around his neck. "Is she looking now?"

-

A/n
random ass chapter idek🙄✋🏼 i think i'm gonna start 6th year next chapter sooo

The end of Fifth Year