027

"i don't know how to say this"

It was finally the first day back to school, my birthday just passing, and first year's being carefully chosen. I gave them all toothy grins as I exited the dinning hall, as I was on my way up to Snape's classroom since he apparently had to tell me something.

"Good evening Profe- Snape?" I walked in on the man pacing the floor, his hands dragging in and out of his hair holding onto a small locket. "Sir?" He finally turned, holding onto his chest in seeming relief as it was just me.

"Elizabeth," he walked over to me, pulling me to the front of the room. "I'm sure you were made aware of Draco's... mission?" I was not.

"Yes, of course." My teeth tugged on my bottom lip, my mind wandering like how I'd assume a crazy person's would. What was Draco's 'mission' and why wasn't I made informed?

"Well, we're planning on getting the cabinet tomorrow, and i've been sworn to protect Draco in secrecy by his mother... Narcissa."

"Cassy" I mumbled, but he only rose a brow.

"Cassy..?" I nodded.

"Yep, I call her that." He just did the same nodding gesture I had done, shaking his head as he'd clearly remembered something. "Misses Young I must ask, does this locket mean anything to you?" I gave him a look, watching as he carefully placed an old gold carved out necklace with the initials 'L.M.Y.' engraved into the harsh metal. "Not at all, sorry I have to go... see you tomorrow, Professor." How did he have my grandmothers locket...

-

"E!" I groaned, looking over to the clock and seeing as it was only four in the morning.

"What, Pansy?" She sighed, pulling me up from bed.

"E, I don't know how to say this but-" Her eyes were watery, her hands shaking a lot like hoe her legs had been the other day I assume.

"Just tell me." I knew. I had a feeling... I somehow knew that-

"Your mother's dead." Yep. That bitch always had to be the center of attention... I wouldn't be surprised if she killed herself for the satisfactory of seeing me cry over her. Except, she wouldn't be able to see me cry... as she was dead.

"Oh..?" I pulled my feet over the small bed, looking at my pink painted toenails before standing up to grab a light coat.

"Where are you going?" I fixed my hair, avoiding little to no contact with Pansy. I could be so rude to her sometimes, but I needed to focus on what I was going to say... to him. "I have to speak to Malfoy, I'll be right back."

-

"Draco, get your lousy ass up!" I was banging on his door, not that it mattered anyway since he was in the prefect hall. Most of them had guests over late due to their advantage of having a singularly room.

"He's not so lonely you know..." I bit my tongue at the sound of her voice, pushing her out of the room and onto the floor. She whined, but the sound only caused me to slam the door in her face. "Fucking, Greengrass? Really?" He turned, his body half bare as he stood topless in sweats.

"Fuck off." I sighed.

"My mother has died." His lips parted.

-

A/n
mwa😜

The beginning of Sixth Year