Chapter Twenty-Games Night

The next day, Jenny and Alex both got changed into loose trousers and a t-shirt

The next day, Jenny and Alex both got changed into loose trousers and a t-shirt. They had arranged a training session with Atlas that morning, so Jen decided it was probably sensible to dress more casually. She had managed to persuade Alex to take them back again though: she always wore something cute for games night with The Vipers, which was scheduled for later that day. This time, Jay and Nya had been the lucky ones to be picked for meeting The Vipers: Jen and Alex had agreed that Kai's introduction would have to be made more delicately, after the peanut butter incident. And Zane should probably be introduced in a less competitive atmosphere, since both he and Jax were incredibly good at games. Still, they were pretty certain that Zane and Jax would get along: both were strategic, analytical and sensible.

And that was what led to Alex sitting on a bench at the edge of the training room in The Viper's base, watching Atlas fight Jenny. Atlas towered over her sister, and was much stronger too. So Jen used her size to her advantage: small was swift, usually. She just had to dodge every punch and kick, or it would knock her flat. After a while, Atlas began to slow down. Jenny instantly took the chance to leap at him, with a furious viciousness that had previously been lacking in her every movement. She was a half-breed, part Ninja and part street kid: Alex could see some influence of Wu's training in there. 

Of course, Atlas had actually been faking his fatigue. He wasn't that easy to beat. Jen fought him for a little longer, before he eventually managed to pin her. He rolled off her soon after she surrendered, allowing her to get her breath back.

"You fake fatigue well when you fight," he told her encouragingly. "You lasted longer than last time. You've just gotta understand when your opponent is using the same trick." He held out a hand. Jenny took it and nodded briefly to him, still struggling to catch her breath. She wandered over to the bench, collapsing down on top of it. She didn't check for injuries in front of him, believing that it would seem mean.