Chapter Eight-Bringing about her Doom with her Own Hands. Ya know, the usual!

Alex walked into their bedroom, holding a plate of fresh biscuits.

"Alex, I think I made a mistake and brought about my doom with my own hands." Jenny told her from her place in bed, Coco curled up beside her.

"What else is new?" her sister replied evenly. She could tell Jen had used too much power, because she was never this exhausted. Not even after a bad night.

"Kai's been flirting with me."

"Congratulations," Alex responded, and sat down at the edge of the bed. "Doesn't he do that with everyone?"

"Well, yeah," Jen admitted reluctantly. Then her eyes widened and she sat bolt upright. "Shit, the ginger biscuits!"

"I'm sure they're fine."

"I got them for the Ninja especially," she frowned. "Are those fresh biscuits? Did you make them?" Alex smiled.

"Yeah, me and Zane did some baking. Not sure how good they're gonna be though."

"I'm sure they'll be great," Jenny replied quietly. "You always were good at baking."

"Liar." Her younger sister smiled, taking a couple of biscuits from the plate.

"You think I'm stupid for going after Coco, don't you?"

"I think you're stupid in general, not least because you keep running off to try crazy stunts like that."

"I didn't wanna get the Ninja involved. It ain't their business, no matter what Kai says." She explained the conversation she'd had with him to Alex, then froze suddenly. "Oh..."

"What?"

"It's not the biscuits, they're amazing."

"What?"

"It's just-" she groaned and dropped her head into her hands. "I told him I call the people I care about darling, dear and love. After callin' him darling!" She looked at Alex anxiously. "Is he okay, by the way? He kinda disappeared afterwards."

"He's fine. I think he went to find Nya." Jenny bit her lip.

"I hope he likes the earrings I got him. I bought them from Lucy as a thank you gift."

"Earrings?"

"I thought they'd suit him. He has a piercing already." She showed Alex a picture of them.

"Ohhh. You know what, I think they would suit him." Jenny smiled at her.

"How was the baking with Zane?" Alex thought for a while.

"It was... It was nice," she responded. "Familiar, in a way."

"I'm glad." There was a comfortable silence between them for a while. Then Jenny seemed to remember something and moved to stand, careful not to disturb Coco. "Oh, shoot! I need to talk to Sensei, Cole was gonna teach me rock paper scissors, I wanted to gossip with Jay about music, ask Lloyd about his driving lesson, and ask Nya if she thinks Kai will like his birthday present." She ran to the door.