Chapter Thirty-The Autumn Gala

A/N: The pic above is Jenny's dress for the Gala. The pic below is Alex's dress.

 The pic below is Alex's dress

The 19th of October. The day before the Autumn Gala. Jenny got changed into a shiny, gold tank top, black leggings, and the tiger's eye necklace that Kai had bought her. She paused, then slipped Lloyd's dagger into her boot. 

"What do you think?" she asked the dogs and Coco. The demon duck ruffled his feathers and quacked, Yak blinked at her, while Ronnie yipped and rubbed her head against her leggings. Cheesecake looked up from chewing a headless Kai doll and barked his approval. Jen smiled to herself.

"I'll take that as a yes, then," She took the signed Kai photo down from her bedside table and gently touched her finger to his forehead. "I'm much more than you bargained for, honey." That was when Alex poked her head round the door.

"Hey Jen," she greeted her younger sister. "Are you ready?" Jenny and Alex were going into town that day, to check on Lucy and get their dresses for the gala. This year, it was Lucy who was holding the Autumn Gala.

"Yeah. Who's makin' breakfast?" She put the photo back in its original place.

"Zane."

"Oh, hell yeah, I love his food!" The two sisters made their way into the kitchen, where all the Ninja were already gathered. "Yo, weirdos."

"Hi Jen," Kai responded. "You look nice. Going into town?" Jen jumped up beside him on the kitchen table, after high fiving Lloyd.

"Yup," she replied lightly, popping the 'p'. "Alex and I were thinkin' of going in early tomorrow, help Lucy set things up. Lloyd wants in too."

"Wait, Lloyd's coming too?" Alex asked her then.

"Yeah, is that okay with you?" Her older sister shrugged, but didn't smile. She'd been hoping to have some more time with just Jen.

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"Hiya, Lucy!" Jen greeted Lucy cheerfully, as she skipped into the shop. Alex followed after her in a more stately manner.