28. Anu's decision

The next day...
Riyaz comes to the auditorium.
Party preparations are going on loudly. How to welcome tomorrow's judges and guests, what to give to people for refreshments, what to present after which performance... all the responsive party managers are engaged with all this. And the participants are doing rehearsals and preparing themselves for tomorrow's performance.
Riyaz goes to Anushka.
Rii: Hey Chuhi! Why did you call me?
Anu turns towards him, "Wait for a few minutes."
As Anu said, Riyaz doesn't ask any other question after that and waits for her response.
After a while, Sidd also comes there. And as soon as he reaches to Anu, he sees Riyaz is also there.
Sidd: Yeah say. Why did you call me?
Anu: I called you both together because I want to talk to you both.
Sidd: See Anu! Before you say anything, I would like to remind you that I said yesterday also that what you want is impossible. So... it would be better if you don't discuss that topic again.
Anu: I know it very well Sidd. And I can't force anyone to have a friendship with a person whom he doesn't like or trust. So, it's ok. But as you both told me that both of you have no problem with my friendship with the other one, so I just want to tell you both my decision... that whom will I choose as my friend and whom not.
Sidd and Rii becomes nervous.
Rii: So what did you decide?
They both are having their fingers crossed. On one hand, both are praying that Anu should not break friendship with them, while on the other hand the other's heart to break.
Anu: So I've decided that...
Anushka can clearly see the nervousness on their faces.
Anu: That I won't break my friendship with anyone of you.
Both Sidd and Rii first take a breath of relief, but as soon as they re-think on what Anu said just now, they both get confused.
"What?" they both ask together.
Anu: Both of you didn't heard?
Sidd: No! I mean... yes, I heard. But I didn't understand.
Rii: Yeah! What did you mean by you won't break friendship with anyone?
Anu: You both don't want the other's heart to break, right?
Sidd and Rii looks at each other.
Anu: So how can I break your hearts? You guys left the decision on me... so I decided that I'll befriended with both of you.
Rii: But how?
Anu: See! Mostly time I stay with Siddharth, as we both are in the same class. So I don't think that he should have any problem if I spend my lunch time or any other break time with you. I hope you understand it... Sidd?
Sidd thinks a little, "Yeah ok! You used to have lunch with us only. But now you have to give time to Riyaz also, so... I understand. I'll manage."
Anu: Good! Thank you so much for understanding me.
Sidd: You can say anything but 'thanks' and 'sorry', did you forget it?
Anu: Oops!
Rii: It means I can meet you at the recess time only?
Anu: Yeah! And if we get some extra breaks during the class time... then also. Because Sidd and me are in the same class, so... I don't have any other option.
Rii: Okay. No problem.
Anu: Ok guys. Now you both go and start your preparations for tomorrow's performance. I want to see my friends as winners.
Sidd: Yeah, but only one will win the title of Mr. Fresher.
Rii: And that will be me.
Sidd: Oh C'mon! Who will win and who will not, will see tomorrow. Now you go and prepare yourself to come on the stage in front of so many people.
Rii: Yeah ok. You don't need to tell me. I'm much confident that I'll perform better than you.
Sidd: Hahaha. Having confidence is a good thing, but...
Anu tries to stop them, "Guys! If you both keep fighting here like this, then how will you do your preparations?"
Sidd: Yes, you're right. I shouldn't waste my time by talking to him.
Rii makes an amused face.
Sidd: By the way, Anu, do you know who will be the judges tomorrow?
Anu: No!
Rii (to Sidd): Do you know?
Sidd: (to Rii) Yeah... (he acts to ignore Rii and then turns towards Anu) ... Dada was saying that they are very special guests. And as I know, in this college, celebrities are called as judges in Freshers' party. Last time, dada met also met a celebrity... ah... I'm not able to remember that person's name right now... but he was a famous person.
Rii: Oh really?
Sidd: Why would my dada lie?
Anu: Wow! This increased my excitement. I just can't wait more for tomorrow's function.
Sidd: Yes, me too. I'm excited about who will be the judges. If he or she is the person whom I like, then it will be the best.

On the other side...
Vaishnavi is also in the auditorium. She's just looking around her... everyone is looking too much excited and happy. She is also looking very happy.
Then she sees Abhi is roaming here and there, and ordering people to do this and that.
Vaish calls him, "Abhishek!"
Abhi stops and sees it's Vaishnavi. He comes to her.
Abhi: Hey Vaishnavi! When did you come?
Vaish: I'm here since morning. But I think you noticed me just now.
Abhi: Oh sorry. I'm a little... no, I'm very busy.
Vaish: Yeah, I can see that. By the way... I was asking that I heard that tomorrow's theme is western, so is it compulsory for everyone to come in western dresses?
Abhi: No! Actually, it's compulsory only for all the participants. And others can wear whatever they want... like western or traditional, it's their choices.
Vaish: Oh! So what are you wearing?
Abhi laughs, "Dude! I'm not your female friend that you're willing to match your dress with your bestie."
Vaish: I know. But I just want to know.
Abhi: Umm... I may wear western. I'm not confirm yet.
Vaish: What do you mean by you're not confirm yet? You don't know what will you wear tomorrow? Are you still a child that your mother will choose dress for you?
Abhi: Haha. Not my maa, actually my brother, Ashu chooses my dress mostly time. So whatever he will choose, I'll wear only that. But I think... mostly chances are for western outfit. Because he'll also wear western, and he always tries to match our dresses.
Vaish: Okay then.
After that Abhi goes back to his work. But Vaishnavi is still looking towards him and smiling. 

To Be Continued...

Will this Freshers' party bring happiness in their lives? Or the distance between them will increase further??

Stay Tuned for next Part!!

VOMMENT!!

Signing Off~

SUMANGNA