93. Threat of kidnappers

Vaish: Or else... maybe the kidnappers themselves had called him?

Rii: Arey at least pick up the call, Sidd! You can't run away from this situation.

Sidd takes a deep breath and then picks up the call and puts the call on loud speaker.

He speaks in a nervous voice, "H-h-hello?"

Zubair uncle: Hi Siddharth! What's going on? All well?

The way he is talking, it doesn't seem that he knows anything yet.

'Ah... ", Sidd can't say anything in reply, because nothing is well actually.

Zubair uncle: By the way, Siddharth, where is Jannat? We're trying to call her since a long time... but her phone is switched off...

Sidd: U-u-uncle...

"Siddharth, please make her talk to us once.", Naz aunty says, who is also there with Zubair uncle, "Actually she is not receiving our call na... and I'm having a very strange feeling... where is she?"

Anu murmurs, "We ourselves don't know where is she!".

"Shh!", Abhi makes Anu quiet. Then he puts his hand on Sidd's shoulder and gestures him to tell them everything.

Naz aunt: What happened Siddharth? Why are you not saying anything? Where is Jannat? Please call her na. I want to talk to her.

"A-a-aunty...!", Sidd hesitates, "U-u-uncle... I was about to call you... to say that... that..."

Zubair uncle feels a kind of fear in Sidd's voice, "What? Speak na. Siddharth, are you fine? Jannat... she is okay na??

Sidd just closes his eyes, "I was saying that...... Jannat is missing!"

"What?", both Zubair uncle and Naz aunt gets shocked hearing this.

Naz aunt: Siddharth, what are you saying? She is missing means?

Sidd: Aunty actually... (*Sidd tells them everything in detail).

Abhi, Vaishu, Rii and Anu, who are also there with Sidd, listening to Sidd's conversation... they are looking tensed because all of them are scared of thinking what will be Jannat's parents' reaction.

After listening the complete story, Naz aunt start crying and Zubair uncle gets very angry on Sidd, "Siddharth!!! You were the one na who came to our home and requested me to send her for the trip. I told you! I told you that I don't want any compromise with my daughter's safety. But you... you insisted! You took her responsibility na? Then how can you be so irresponsible? Why didn't you check once whether she is coming behind you or not?? How could you...!!"

The way Zubair uncle was scolding Sidd, Abhi feels bad for Sidd. He speaks, "Uncle you can't talk to him like this..."

"Dada!", Sidd interrupts him and gestures him to calm down, "He is right at his place. I should have taken care of her. She was my responsibility. Uncle and aunty send her here with this believe that I'll always be with her.

Zubair uncle listens Sidd and Abhi's conversation, "Abhishek, right? You also came to our home that day na? What were you saying? That Jannat is like your younger sister, ha? Then how could you be so careless about your sister?? But what will I get by blaming you now? I shouldn't have in your talks that day. I shouldn't have sent Jannat. I... I just don't know... what to do now."

Naz aunty sobs, "Siddharth! Siddharth, listen. See, that day you promised me na that you'll... you yourself will drop my daughter at home safely. Then fulfill your promise. I-I-I don't know anything. I want my daughter back. Siddharth! Please bring me my daughter back.