11. Jannie or Jannat??

After some time... It's lunch break.
Abhi comes back to his class and he was about to got to Sidd, but then suddenly he sees Vaishnavi, sitting alone near the window.
Abhi goes to her, "Hey Vaishnavi!"
Vaishnavi looks towards him.
Abhi: Come, let's go to the canteen.
Vaish: Ah... No! You go, I won't come. Meanwhile Sidd comes to Abhi's class, "Dada?"
Both Abhi and Vaish look at him.
Sidd: I was waiting for you that you will come to me and then we'll go to canteen. But what are you doing here till now? Please come na. I'm very hungry.
Abhi: Yeah, coming. Where is Anushka?
Sidd: She has gone somewhere for some work, and she said that she will meet us direct in the canteen.
Abhi: Ok then. (*looking at Vaish) What are you waiting for? Let's go.
Vaish: But what shall I do there?
Sidd: Usually people go there to calm their hunger and to spend some time with friends. Now you will not go to clean the canteen na?
Abhi: Ashu? Is this a way to talk to a girl?
Sidd: Oh dada! I was just kidding.
Abhi: I know. But when you don't know her, how can you talk to her like this? What if she feels bad of it?
Vaish (interrupting Abhi): No, it's ok.
Sidd: Sorry di, if you felt bad of my words. I was just...
Vaish: No problem. Ok let's go to the canteen.

On the other side,
Jannat is in a class, talking with someone.
Jyoti, one of her classmate, comes to her, "Hey Jannat! Where is your phone? Your mother was calling so many times but you were not picking up the call. Then she called me.
Jann: Oh sorry. Actually my phone is in silent mode and in my bag. So I don't know that she was calling me...
Jyoti: Okay. Your mother is on call, talk to her.
While giving the phone to her, "By the way, who is Jannie?"
Listening it, Jannat gives a frustrated expression, "You go. I'll give back your phone in a while."
"Ok!", Jyoti goes from there.
And then, Jannat talks to her mother on phone, "Ammi! How many times I have to say that don't call me Jannie. At least not in the college. No one knows here about it."
"Ok ok sorry! But where was you for so long?"
And their talks continue...
But did you notice something? Jannat is the same girl, Jannie, whom Sidd is finding for so many years.
Actually the thing is, Jannie sounds like a boy's name. And when Jannat left Allahabad and Sidd, she went to Bangalore with her family. And there she changed her name from Jannie to Jannat. After two years, to open a new branch of their company, they shifted to Mumbai. And afterwards, Jannat is no longer Jannie. Only her mother still calls her with that name.

There, in the canteen...
Anu comes to the table where Sidd and others were sitting.
Anu: Hey guys! What's up?
Abhi: Hi! Where were you? We were waiting for you.
Anu: Actually, I went to the reception for some work. (*then she looks at the table) But looks like you all have started eating without waiting for me.
Sidd: Open your eyes properly. You can see the food here, but can't you see that nothing has been eaten yet. We just brought these.
And suddenly Anu's eyes go on Vaishnavi.
Anu: Ah... she...?
Abhi: Oh! I forgot to introduce. She is Vaishnavi, my friend.
Vaish: Hello!
Anu: Hi! I'm Anushka.
Then they start eating.
Anu (to Vaish): Dii! Can you tell me what did you do in the Freshers' party?
Abhi (interrupting Anu): She wasn't in this college last year. So, she doesn't know about our college's Freshers'. (*looking at Vaish) But if I say honestly, if you were here last year, you would have been Miss fresher of the year for sure.
Vaish (smiling): Thanks.

After a while...
They all finished eating, and now they are going back to their classes. And then, Anu's phone rings.
Anu: You guys go ahead. I'm coming in a while.
Sidd, Abhi and Vaish go on their way.
And while talking on phone, Anu walks slowly. At that moment, a boy suddenly bumps into her... they both don't even know what suddenly happened with them, and within a moment, that boy is in Anu's arms. And that's Riyaz. Anu is holding Riyaz in her arms.
At first, they both look at each other's eyes, and get lost for some time. But as soon as they realize in what condition they both are (like Rii in Anu's arms, that too in college campus), both of their reactions at the same time, "You??"
Rii: Hey! Leave me.
Anu doesn't say anything and leaves him. And Riyaz fells down. Seeing Riyaz on ground, Anu laughs.
Riyaz gets up, "Why did you leave me?"
Anu: Arey! You yourself said me to leave you, that's why I left you.
Then Anu's eyes go on the ground, where her phone was lying. Her phone fell during that collision. She picks up the phone and looks at the screen.
Anu (screaming): OMG!! My phone!

To Be Continued...

Can anyone guess who is that girl??

Stay Tuned for next Part!!

VOMMENT!!

Signing Off~

SUMANGNA