Chapter 24

"What are you even doing there?" the old man asked out of nowhere.

I waited for Hyunsu to answer but he didn't making me sigh.

This kid won't survive social interactions without me, I swear.

"There's children up on the 14th floor along with a man on a wheelchair and a lady. We wanted to bring them down on the first floor for more safety." I explained to which the old man nodded.

Thirty minutes of silence has passed then when we heard a groan coming from the man.

I peeked at him.

I should really find a nickname for him.

Scar face sounds like an insult.

I don't want to call him a gangster cause I don't want to judge him.

Well...

Since he looks scary as fuck, I'm just going to call him Teddy Bear.

Don't ask why.

It makes me less intimidated.

Teddy bear sat up from where he was lying. The girl who's handling the crossbow earlier went towards him with a first aid kit in hand, "Are you awake now?" she asked with a professional tone.

"I don't need any of that." teddy bear answered but the girl didn't mind what he said and attempted to grab his arm to pull him down.

The girl got pushed away but she still tried talking him into it. "Yes, you do."

"Your bleeding has stopped, but you're still injured." she stated even when the man stood up and walking away from her.

Teddy bear passed by us.

"You're going to die if you won't let her treat you." I told him with a blank stare on my face.

He stopped and turned to look at me. "Piss off." he retorted.

I raised one of my eyebrows at him and snickered, amused at his behavior.

He stared at me for a few seconds before he continued on making his way towards the door.

"He didn't even say thank you. That ungrateful cotton material." I muttered to myself but Hyunsu heard me.

He looked at me with a weirded out expression, "What did you just call him?" he asked.

"None of your business." I sighed.

There was a sound of a door closing and when I looked around, teddy bear wasn't around anymore.

"Is it okay to let him go like that?" the girl asked, still holding the first aid kit.

"There's no need to worry about him. I bet he could take on a tiger by himself." the old man replied.

As far as I know, teddy bear can definitely handle himself.

Hyunsu nudged me and when I looked at him, he nodded towards the door.

It's time to leave.

I nodded back and stood up.

The girl took notice of us and grabbed my arm.

"Wait. You're still both injured." she said to us.

"Uh..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say to her.