6

• • •

• • •

     "Damn bike. I hate this stupid bike!" The crash from the garbage can made me get out of bed and look out the window. I pulled my curtain back, finding Daniel throw away his bike and the bright lights from Mom's car. Damn the night for not letting me see. 

As soon as I heard the front door open, I quickly went out, sliding my glasses off and holding them. "I just want to go home, Ma. Why can't we just go home?" Daniel pleaded as Mom was quick to remove her bag and go to the fridge. 

"Noelle, thank God you're here. Go get the first aid, help clean up your brother." She pleaded. I nodded, going to the bathroom and grabbing the white box with the red cross on the front. I went back, finding Daniel sitting at the table, still muttering things to Mom while she held the bag of frozen peas to his eye. 

"God, Daniel," I muttered, setting the box down. "What happened?" 

"Fell off the damn bike is what happened." He muttered. 

"Daniel, I can't help you unless you tell me what's going on." Mom told him, letting go of the bag while he held it. 

"I told you, Ma, I have to take karate!" 

"But you took karate!"

Daniel shook his head, "Nah, not at the Y. I need to go to a good school, Ma. Not the one from Jersey! A good one!"

"Fighting doesn't solve anything, Daniel, and you know it." 

"Yeah, well neither does palm trees," I muttered.

"That's not fair." Mom told me.

"What isn't fair is that we came out here without you asking us, Ma. It may be all cupcakes and rainbows for you, Ma, but it isn't for us." I told her calmly, trying to reason with her while still getting the things ready for Daniel.

Mom sighed, leaning against the counter. "You're right. I should've spoken with you first." She agreed. 

I sighed, putting down the rubbing alcohol and going to her. I grabbed her by the shoulders, rubbing them reassuringly. "Why don't you go take a bath, Ma," I spoke to her softly. "I'll figure out what's going on with Danny and we can see what we'll do about it then, alright? I got this." 

Mom smiled gratefully, embracing me in a tight hug. "God, I love you two. Thank you." I smiled as she kissed my cheek before walking off. 

I went back to Daniel, grabbing the cotton ball and beginning to clean the cut on his forehead. "Now, what really happened?" I asked him, keeping my voice low as I began to slowly dab the cotton on his cut. 

"Those jerks are what happened, Noe. I was coming home and they pushed me off a hill." He sighed out, wincing once in a while. 

"See, doesn't that feel better to get it off your chest?" I asked, putting the cotton down after cleaning the cut. 

He scoffed, rolling his eyes with a small smile to show that he wasn't as aggravated as he was when they got here. "Don't push it." He joked.

I snorted quietly before grabbing a bandage and beginning to unwrap it. "Did they say anything?"

"They just said that we were both wanting to know karate and that the first lesson was how to take a fall." He spoke as I placed the wrapper aside. "And that not to focus on the pain. Didn't know if they took it literal or what, but that fall hurt like a motherfucker." 

I laughed quietly, placing the bandage over the cut. "Eh... at least you'll have a pretty badass battle scar," I told him, referring to his forehead. He chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Now can I hit him?" 

Daniel sighed, leaning his head back as he thought about it. "If I say 'no', you're going to do it anyway."

"Damn right about that one."

• •

     I confidentially walked across the campus to where the cobras hung out, already feeling the excitement bubble in my stomach. From what, you may ask? Simple, I'm finally going to hit Johnny. Though the thought of that didn't make the excitement bubble, that's what I wanted it to be, so that's what it's going to be. 

I couldn't let a douche like him push around my brother like some rag doll. That's not right. Spotting the blonde in the middle of the other minions. As he spotted me, he smirked, nudging the others and referring to me. I glared as I made my way over. "Looking for someone to treat you to something, Princess?" He asked as the others 'oohed' as I got closer. At the time he least expected it, I fisted my hand and hit him square in the jaw, seeing that that was the farthest I could reach. He stumbled back, holding his jaw. "What the fuck. Listen here, you-"

"No, you listen here, you prick." I spat, glaring at him. "How dare you injure my brother as you did." If life were cartoons, I'd be fuming and as red as a tomato. "No one, not even you, has the right to do such a dick move." I poked his chest harshly, almost seeing red. "Next time I hear of this, the hit will be somewhere where no guy ever wants to be hit, got it?" I threatened. He shrugged as if he didn't care or listen to a single word I said.

"If it gets you this fumed, might as well do it more than once." He smirked. I scoffed, was he serious?

"Lay a fucking finger on my brother again, I swear to God, you'll never have children!" I glared again, wanting to slap that stupid smirk off his face. With that, I turned around and walked to my class as the bell rang, feeling proud of what I had just done. 

Hell yeah, I just did that.

• • •

A/N:

YES! WOMEN EMPOWERMENT! 

THIS CHAPTER GOT ME SO WORKED UP AND I'VE BEEN WANTING NOELLE TO HIT JOHNNY JUST FOR THE HELL OF AND NOW SHE DID IT AND I'M HAPPY

i'll see you guys in the next chapter,

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx