14

• • •

• • •

The next day was finally Friday and I was relieved that I had no homework for the weekend. I was at my locker, placing my books inside. "Boo!" I jumped, turning to my side and finding Johnny, holding in his laughter. I rolled my eyes, not containing a smile.

"Go ahead, let it out of your system," I told him, continuing with my task.

"I'm sorry." He laughed. "What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked, leaning onto the locker beside mine.

"Uh... let's see. Daniel's going on a date, Mom's taking him and going with her friend after dropping them off, so I'll be home alone." I told him, closing my locker. "So, I'm not doing anything."

"Your brother? On a date?" He laughed, I snorted quietly, trying to keep a straight face.

"Don't be so mean to the boy, Johnny." I shoved his shoulder as he covered his mouth, continuing to laugh.

"You have to admit, that's not very believable." He said, his laughter subsiding.

"I agree, but it's what's happening." I sighed.

"So, who's the lucky gal?" He asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Uh... dunno if I should tell you that," I said quietly. "Might show that our plan isn't working."

I saw his smile slightly fall, "It's Ali, isn't it?"

I sighed, biting the inside of my cheek while nodding. "Yeah, it's Ali."

Johnny sighed but went back to how he was before. "Ah, well, that'll suck for her." He shrugged it off.

"You're not upset?" We began to walk out of the school side by side. It was surprising that Johnny wasn't upset about Ali and Daniel. I know I'd be. Well, I am. This is meaning that fifty percent of the plan isn't working.

"Nah." He shook his head, shoving his hands in his pocket. I gave him a 'really?' look, showing that I didn't buy it. "Okay, maybe a little." He admitted.

"It's alright to be upset, Johnny. It's just showing that you're not getting your fifty percent." I sighed again, disappointed. It wasn't fair that my side of the plan was kind of working and not his. He'd just be helping me without anything.

"I don't really care about it anymore." He admitted. "It'll take a little before I finally move on from her, but as long as that asshole, Daniel, gets the point you're trying to prove, then that'll be worth it, won't it?" I shrugged, he had a point.

"Yeah, I guess it would."

"And besides. I'll be stuck with one hell of a fake girlfriend." He said, sounding like he's planning some mischief. I pointed a finger at him in a warning manner, just before he hugged me tightly, not letting me move my arms and we continued to walk.