31

• • •

• • •

     After a few more classes, it was now time for lunch. I walked to my locker and put in the combination, opening it up only to find a note fall. I furrowed my eyebrows, picking it up and reading the top. All it said was my name. I put away my books and shut my locker and began to make my way to the cafeteria to meet Ali and Daniel. 

I sat at our usual table, not really hungry, and set down my backpack. I looked at the paper again and looked around to see if there was anything else. When I didn't see anything, I unfolded it and smiled, finding the so familiar handwriting. 

Reschedule! I won't be in English, but if you want to know what I'm planning, meet me at the park by your building after school. I'll be by the fountain.

- Johnny xx

"What's that?" I looked up, finding Daniel and Ali sitting in front of me. I folded the paper and shook my head.

"Nothing."

• • •

     When the end of the day finally came around, I rode my skateboard beside Daniel's bike as we made our way home. I was a bit hesitant to go to the park, I mean, I know it's Johnny, but this all sounds too planned. Too professional knowing Johnny.

When we went up to our apartment, I set my bag on my bed and began to pace while trying to come up with a plan. Daniel still hates Johnny. He doesn't say it, but I know it. I know how happy he was when I told him when we weren't together anymore. So then how do I do it? I stopped pacing and looked out the window. Jump? I went over and pulled aside the curtains before looking down. No, I'll fall right in plain sight.

I sighed and continued to pace. What if I just say I'm going for a walk? Would he believe that? I looked at the time, it was barely 4:30. It wouldn't seem that obvious if I said I was just going to go for a walk. I took a couple of deep breaths to make it seem more believable as I went to the door and pulled it open. 

"Hey, where you headed?" Daniel asked.

"For a walk," I replied simply. I began to play with my fingers, what if he doesn't believe it?

"Do you mind if I jo-"

"No!" Daniel furrowed his eyebrows. "I, uh, just need to clear my head. I won't be long though."

"Alright. Um... be safe, I guess." Daniel shrugged.

I cleared my throat with a nod and left the apartment, a long sigh leaving my lips as I closed the door. I bit back a smile as I jogged down the stairs and out of the apartment building. I walked to the same gate by Mister Miyagi's place and opened the gate, walking out. I finally smiled and walked to the same fountain that I passed most days when I left for school in the mornings.

When I got there, Johnny hadn't been there, so I shrugged and sat on the cement of the fountain. There was obviously a reason as to why Johnny wanted to meet me here, I just didn't know what that reason was. Was he gonna propose?

I burst out laughing at the thought.

Would've been funny, don't you think?

After a few minutes passed, I finally saw the bright red Avanti Convertible. I ignored the excitement in the pit of my stomach as Johnny got out and made his way to me. "It's about time, was about to go home." I joked as Johnny got near. 

He chuckled, shaking his head as he got closer, "If you would've, I wouldn't have been able to do this." He easily leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, leaving a loving kiss on my lips with a grin. I smiled as he pulled back, "I've been waiting all day for that." He muttered. 

"Hm, now tell me," I looked in his crystal blue eyes, "why'd you ask me to meet you here?"

"Patience, babe. If I were to tell you now, it'd just ruin the surprise." He said, stepping back and taking my hands with him. "Now come on, I have a long-lost friend who's dying to see you again." He smiled, pulling me up with him.

I giggled, getting up and walking with him to his car. He opened the back door and grabbed something. He got out and turned to me, a sheepish smile on his lips. I gasped happily, "Señor Monkey!" I excitedly took the large stuffed monkey from Johnny. He laughed, watching me hug the plush. "You still have him?"

"He's been living on my bed since." He nodded. 

I laughed holding onto the monkey and looking down at its face. Its stitched smile and marble eyes looked back at me. I looked back at Johnny, "To be honest, I've missed Señor Monkey." I told him.

"He's missed you too. He's been bugging me for days to visit you." He rolled his eyes jokingly. I laughed, glancing back down to the monkey and then back up at him. "There's actually something we've been meaning to ask you." He said, nerves written across his eyes as he held the monkey's head while I still held him. 

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"Well, Señor Monkey misses his mom." I giggled, seeing Johnny smile before continuing to speak. "But that's not the point. Um, I was wondering... would you maybe... want to possibly... go to prom with me?" Johnny hesitated and then took the monkey from me and took the stuffed hand and waved, "Señor Monkey wanted to be here to see your answer."

"Aw, Johnny." I pouted, resisting to smile as I felt a lump in my throat. "I'd love to!"

Johnny sighed of relief, "Phew! Señor Monkey has been nervous the entire ride here!"

I laughed again, hugging Johnny tightly while he hugged back and kissed my head.

• • •

A/N:

HI OMG HI HI

GUYS THERE'S ONLY THREE MORE CHAPTERS AFTER THIS, OMG DKJGHSDFLGSDFGH

I LOVE YOU ALL AND I'M SORRY FOR NOT GIVING MY CHILDREN THE CONTENT THEY NEED, BUT HERE'S THIS AND HOPEFULLY ANOTHER CHAPTER IF I WRITE ONE!

ALSO, DID YOU ALL KNOW THAT HOT TOPIC SOLD COBRA KAI STUFF??? I LITERALLY GOT SO EXCITED AND BOUGHT MYSELF A JOURNAL AND THERE'S PHOTOS OF JOHNNY IN IT AND I WAS INTERNALLY SCREAMING. YOU ALL SHOULD GO SEE ITTTT

#notsponsered 

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx