33

Jenny's pov

i went back into the studio, the most shocking look on my face as i zoned out, trying to comprehend what had just happened. more like i was trying to answer a question in my mind: what did i just get myself into? it's not that i hated whatever just happened—i liked it, and that's what worried me the most. i shouldn't have gotten this involved with them.

the studio was loud when i walked in as everyone messed around, and i stared at the door as i closed it behind me, not paying attention.

"damn did you see a ghost or something?" andrew said, and i turned around, zoning back in.

"no i'm just tired." i lied, sitting down next to kayla.

"did something serious happen?" kayla whispered once everyone started to talk again. she seemed eager to know why harry had pulled me out of the room.

i let out a long "ummm." as i awkwardly put my hand on the back of my head, "i'll tell you later." i said back.

i knew that i couldn't just be open about this whole thing i was forming with the two of them before i realized what exactly was happening. i needed to process it all in my mind before i could get used to the idea and tell kayla.

after the show

"hell yeah no ones here." kayla said as she stuck her head out the window, seeing the empty beach.

it took over an hour to get here, so it was almost midnight. we were all high, shocker, the boys in one car while the girls were in another—thank god, it felt so nice to not be intimidated by anyone and just be with the girls. especially after the whole very confusing make out session i had with them earlier—my mind still couldn't even process that. if it still couldn't process last night with timothée, imagine how bombarded it was now. i'm not sure if they knew how overwhelming this all was for me. they seem oddly experienced.

i drove the way here, emily said she'd drive the way back. kayla sat in the passengers seat, blasting her music up until i parked the car. the boys got there first, so i took the spot next to them as they all got out.

while i unbuckled my seatbelt, emily and kayla were getting out the car, heading towards the trunk to get their bags. as i got out i heard them all talk, energized from the show and excited that we finally arrived.

i was honestly drained from driving, lazily getting my bag from the trunk as they all caught up. i was in a black tank top and jean shorts, purposely not wearing a bathing suit under because i didn't want to get in the water—well not fully at least, i'd only walk in up to the point where the water'd reach just below my shorts.

"drinks, as requested by kayla." i heard scott say, kayla saying "yay, i knew you'd come through." before i heard bottles being opened.

my ears were still ringing from the loud concert, it was a reoccurring feeling i'd get after each show—still wasn't used to it, but it wasn't as bad as it was my first week here. the last to get my bag, i hung it over my shoulder and closed the trunk, turning my head to see harry as he walked towards me, his hands behind his back.

"tired?" he asked, and i nodded, saying "when am i not." with a laugh.

he moved his hands from behind his back, holding two coffees: one hot, one iced. he held the iced one out in front of me, taking a sip from the hot one.