64

Jenny's pov

kayla moved past me and turned the door knob over and over again. "you shit of a man, open the damn door."

i wanted to laugh, i forgot how funny kayla sounded when she was angry at scott. i banged my hand on the door a couple of times, but knew it was useless.

"i know what you guys are trying to do, it won't work." i said, mostly to just agree with kayla on something.

scott's laugh was so loud, it was easily heard through the door.

"dickheads." kayla said loudly for them to hear.

"talk it through ladies, and we'll let you out." scott said.

kayla rolled her eyes and leaned her back against the door, hugging her bare arms. she was in a pretty navy blue tight dress that was silky and mesmerizing when she moved. we would've gotten ready together today, probably in emily's hotel bathroom while we all gossiped and listened to music.

we stood in silence—besides the loudness of the club. the other side of the door was quiet too, and i couldn't tell if they'd walked away or just decided to wait it out.

kayla glanced at me once during the five minutes that had probably passed, and i only glanced back once i knew she wasn't looking. so many songs had played, and i was now across from her crouched down on the floor, my arms resting against my knees, making sure not to touch the floor.

"did you go for a swim?" she suddenly asks.

i looked up at her, feeling like i was just hallucinating. "does the shower count?"

she moved her lips to the right and then looked at her shoes. "i would've made sure you were ready on time."

"i know." i wanted to say more but paused as she took a couple steps toward me and crouched down to avoid the dirty floor.

"are you only talking to me so that we can get out?"

she smiled, "no, but getting out of this shitty closet doesn't sound too bad."

"they should be the ones in here."

"we really let them lead us to a closet? are we down that bad?" she began to laugh, and i tried not to before i finally did.

"my pride is gone, let's not talk about this ever again." i said.

"do you think they're still out there?" i asked.

she looked over at the door and slightly squinted her eyes. "there's no way they'd stand here this long, they're probably expecting us to text them or something."

"i don't have my phone though?"

i saw the realization in her eyes before she said "neither do i."

she stood up, pulling her dress down as she stepped towards the door again and began to bang on it.

"when we get out, let's go somewhere." i stood up and joined her, knocking on the door.

"where?" she asked, and then screamed "okay we made up, let us out!"

"i don't know yet." i answered her question and tried the door knob.