11

announcement: the playlist for this book is linked in my bio!!! enjoy

————————————

Jenny's pov

my initial reaction was to scream. there was no way i could possibly benefit from doing such a thing, but i couldn't help it. just when i felt my lungs start to close, running out of oxygen, marley pulled me out of the water by my hair. i inhaled a huge breath of air as i tried to breathe, reaching my hand up to try to get ahold of his hand.

"remember when i said that you pissed me off?" he asked calmly before slamming my head back underwater.

i panicked this time, kicking my feet—the water slowing my actions down. i couldn't even attempt to beat his force—it was too strong and heavy. the weight of his hand keeping me down scared me, for i didn't know when he'd release it. the air i was holding in began to run out again just before he pulled me back up by my pony tail.

"yeah, i'm pissed off, can you tell?" he said, the sound of the water along with my heavy breaths was all to be heard.

i had no time to even scream or talk back as i caught my breath, using every second to breathe. the water around me splashed and rippled from all of my struggle.

i held onto his wrist, and it caused him to pull my pony tail back so that my eyes were facing the ceiling. i whimpered from the pain as he looked down at me.

"answer me!" he yelled as he got closer to my face, and i let out a small cry from fear.

"yes-i can yes." i said quickly as i felt my neck start to ache from him forcing it up.

he loosened his grip as he said "good girl." trailing his thumb across the side of my face.

"don't talk to me like that." i said loudly, angrily splashing water onto his face.

he closed his eyes as the water hit him, opening them as he shook his head, saying "you need to learn when to shut up." before submerging me under the water again.

though i knew struggling would only make things worse, i did so anyways, it was a human instinct. my body felt in danger, so it continued to kick and twist, my arms reaching outwards as i tried to get his hand off of me. i couldn't even attempt to swim away, he gripped my hair so tightly that i felt my head start to pound.

he pulled me up again, and i shut my eyes hardly, trying to back away from him. "okay okay. i understand now." i opened my eyes, "just please let me go." i said, my vision blurry from the tears i held in. it was the first time i didn't fight back, but instead just begged.

"i'm not done though." he said as he tilted his head, and i had realized that my hands were free. this time i knew he was about to push me under the water again, so i prepared myself to grab him.