59

Jenny's pov

"it wasn't like that." i heard him say as he grabbed my arm.

i pushed his hand away as my steps quickened down the hall. "it clearly was." i mumbled more to myself than to him.

"jenny—wait." he caught up with me, "i swear to you it wasn't." he said quieter, shaking his head.

we were already behind everyone, the group  down the hall. i turned around with a shaky sigh, "why is everyone so," i paused, trying to find the word, "afraid to touch me?" i asked with a laugh. "you say it wasn't like that, and i get you're trying not to set off an alarm, but it makes me feel," i shook my head, pressing my lips together, "disgusting." i finally said. "that's not what i wanted you to take caution of after everything i told you yesterday."

he continuously shook his head as i spoke, "you're not disgusting."

"oh wow, thank you, that helps." i said sarcastically. i knew i was being unfair, but i needed to let it out.

i began to walk again, and he began to follow. "i was just upset." he said lowly.

"oh, you were upset? why's that?" i asked as i continued to walk, looking straight.

"because the thought of that guy laying a finger on you is sending me into spirals. and i—i know this isn't about me but it makes me upset." he spoke quietly, stumbling over his words.

"yeah, it isn't about you." was what i wanted to say.

"i understand." i said instead. "but just," i stopped walking, shaking my head. "don't do that ever again." i said with a smile, though i felt my eyes burn. "please." i added, hoping it'd hide any of my previous attitude.

he was quiet, regret on his face. but he nodded, not saying anything back. i sniffled, noticing that my eyes were beginning to really water this time. i turned around and walked away before he could notice, heading down the hall and towards the stage.

///

i stayed in my hotel room after soundcheck and after the show today, passing on all the group hangouts. they went out to eat while i got room service, distracting myself with a random show i decided to watch on my laptop.

i didn't mean to sort of snap at him—but it happened—and i can't take it back. i also haven't been in a good mood ever since, and i guess my friends realized, giving me space. i'm pretty sure everyone also knew that i had some sort of fight with timothée. somehow we were always fighting.

it was all radio silent except for harry's text he had sent after the show.

harry: hey jen, everything alright?

jenny: yeah, don't worry :)

harry: let me know if you need anything

i told him i was fine and to go out with the group—which he did—but only after some convincing. it was close to midnight now, and i had just gotten out of the shower, dressed in my pajamas. the show was pretty interesting so i continued to watch it, cuddled in my blanket with my laptop in front of me, only the lamp on my nightstand on.

near the end of the episode, i heard something. i don't know what it was, but it sounded like something slid. i immediately paused the show, sitting up as i listened, barely breathing. the sound didn't come again.