Chapter 11:

"Hhm hm mmm hmm~!"

Luz hummed a happy tune from her position on the couch while flipping through the spell book Neo gave her. Even if she's already learned a fair amount of spells now, she was eager to know more.

Especially after the Moon Light Conjuring she did with Gus and Willow.

Neo: Wow...

Which she had told Neo about, where he was amazed hearing that Gus and Willow took to the old ways of magic like a Garbage Sludge to water.

Neo: You're a great kitty and smart to.

Luz giggled at his praise as Sugar Bear walked around her.

Luz: Thanks. You should've seen them, Willow brought a plant to life and Gus made an entire clone of himself!

Neo: Amazing kid, what's happening today?

Luz shrugged as she sat up, Sugar Bear going to her lap as she waved her tail back and forth.

Luz: Don't know, interesting things usually come out at random ever since I got here.

Knock knock knock~!

Luz: See?

She said with a smile while pointing to the door.

Neo waited from his position on the couch.

He watched Luz stand up, Sugar Bear going to his lap, as she answered the door, only to see no one there. Looking down, she did see a basket with a blanket over it and a small note on the side.

Luz: Weird, hey Neo, look at this!

She said, holding up the basket, finding it to be heavier than she thought.

Neo: What is it?

Luz shrugged.

Luz: No idea, think Eda might know what it is?

She asked, pointing to the other room where said Owl Lady was.

Neo: Hey Eda, did you order something?

He asked as he and Luz walked in the kitchen where the woman was cooking.

Or cooking in however Eda calls it.

Eda: No I don't think so, why?

Luz put the basket on the table to see, Eda and King examining it.

Luz: This.

King walked over and pulled the blanket.

King: What is it?

He asked as he moved the blanket out the way, showing the very thing underneath it.

Neo: Aww, it's so cute!

He said, gently rubbing the small head of the small creature resting in the makeshift bed, the small animal purring at his hand.

King: Mm, fresh meat!

He said, putting a bib on his neck, but Eda pushed him away.

Eda: Witches don't eat babies, it's so 1800s, who's kid even is this?

She asked as Luz reached over, grabbing the note and something underneath it.

Neo: The Bat Queen, the gal became a mother, didn't expect that.

Eda: Same.

Luz: Bat Queen?

Eda: The richest demon on the Boiling Isles, though I'm confused why she thought to leave her kids with me.