Chapter 34:

A/N: Part 1 of a few to celebrate the long awaited Grom Chapter~!

/////

Luz(thinking): Hm... something is weird today...

The prodigy cat girl thought while looking around Hexside as she had just arrived at the school. Outside of the students acting more excited than before, there were streamers, posters, and weird looking balloons everywhere.

Something was in the air.

She could feel it and need to learn what it was.

Luz: Hey guys!!

The cat girl shouted as she noticed Gus and Willow nearby.

Willow: Hey Luz!

Gus: Heyo!

Luz: Hi guys! What's going on right meow~?

The girl asked with an adorable Mew, making them giggle.

Gus: That's right, you're new here, we're preparing for-

"EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY!!!"

The 3 turned to see a paramedic squad surround a teen boy with a girl next to him look on in worry. Gus and Willow had expecting smiles, but Luz watched in confusion at the sight, namely with how unworried her friends were.

It was the school's favorite time of year, Grom.

Luz: Well that was awesome!

She said with a giggle at the elaborate confession.

Luz: So Grom is this world's version of Prom?

She asked as, while confused on the name, her friend's nodded, with a few people looking at Luz specifically.

Meanwhile:

Neo: Grom I remember girls giving invitations on there underwear and scroll numbers for me.

He said with a grin as he sat in the Owl House, hearing the news of the event.

Yami: Those were some desperate girls I'll say that much.

He said as he sat on a nearby chair, relaxing for the time being.

Neo: Hey Eda!

He asked, wondering where the Owl Lady was, but didn't hear a response.

Tussle~!

"OW!! King!!!"

"I've told you, I don't work doing this!!"

Master and familiar looked at each other in confusion as they got up to go and see what craziness they were doing today.

Neo: I was wondering... would you be my Grom date?

He asked the woman as he saw her, who stood straighter in shock.

Eda(stuttering): W-w-what!?

She asked in surprise with her face being covered with a blush.

Yami: What're you doing King?

He asked, noticing his little friend wearing a little trailer like uniform with pins, scissors, and rags.

King: Helping her fit her suit.

The demon said back as Neo examined Eda's nicely fitting brown suit, the warlock smiling at her.

Neo: Care to be my princess to Grom~?

He asked with a grin towards the woman, who blushed and shyly looked away in fear.

Eda(nervous): I-I don't know... w-wouldn't you rather go with s-someone else?

Even they were teacher and student, he student having admired the man all her life, and having laid together, she was still uncertain. Sure she's marginally grown comfortable around him, the Owl Lady felt unworthy of it. That yes they know and care for each other, she believes that he'd be better going with someone else.

Neo frowned before he snapped his fingers and her hair started to change.

Snap~!!

Shimmer~!!!

Eda: W-what the!?

She asked in surprise as she could feel her hair get different.

King: WHOA!!

He shouted while backing away from her glowing hair, till it grew blinding bright.

SHINE~!!!!

The room was briefly filled with light before it dies down, leaving an interesting result.

Neo: Tada~!

He said, the woman left in shock as she stared at her reflection and her hair.

Her long, shining, BRIGHT ORANGE, hair!!

/////

A/N: It has begun...~