Chapter 5:

A/N: Enjoy this small bit between Eda and Neo!

/////

Eda: Alright, what do you think?

Eda asked, gesturing to her dirty room. There was garbage on the floor, clothes everywhere.

But the real eye catcher was her nest like bed and a framed poster of Neo on the opposite wall.

Neo: Looks cozy, but it needs to be cleaned.

Eda laughed nervously as she rubbed the back of her head with a small blush.

Eda: Y-yeah... I don't get much company here...

Neo snaps his fingers.

FWOOSH~!!

Eda stares in shock as she saw all the trash disappear and her clothes go into her dresser with the entire room having a sparkle finish.

...

Eda: Whoa... I've never seen my room so clean before.

Neo: Thanks.

Eda: S-so, this is my bed...

She pointed to her nest, full of twigs and various shiny items sticking out.

Neo walked over and sat down on it, slightly bouncing on it, finding it to be fairly comfortable. Eda bit her nails in nervousness, hoping that it's OK for him and not poke at him from underneath.

Neo: Why don't you have a regular bed?

Eda rubbed her head in embarrassment.

Eda: It's a uh... personal... thing.

Neo nodded, choosing not to go any further for that subject, although, that won't stop him from admiring how well Eda looked.

Neo: A pretty lady like you should have a bed to get her beauty sleep..

Eda blushed brightly at his compliment.

Eda: T-thank you... but believe me, it works.

Neo lays down listening to the rain, enjoying the sizzling noise on the ground outside and against Eda's shield. Eda sat beside him with a small smile, though her mind thought over something that's been bothering her for a while.

Eda: So... what have you been doing all this time?

Neo sighed as he relaxed against the nest pillow.

Neo: Siting alone and practicing my magic.

Eda: Why haven't you tried to break the spell Bellos made? You're clearly strong enough, so why haven't you?

She had to know, it having been bothering her for a while after learning the truth.

Neo: I don't know how...

Eda hummed as she relaxed in her sitting position. As she did, Neo, looked around with a bored look.

When he did, his eyes fell to a glowing yellow jar on her desk.

Neo: What's that thing?

Eda rose a brow and looked were he was looking. She visibly froze in fear from what he saw.

Eda: O-oh... uh, that's my uh...

Eda(thinking): Come on Owl Lady, think!!

Neo waited for an answer, tapping his fingers.

Eda: My m-morning... wake up juice!! Yeah, I'm getting weaker as I get older so I take one of these to wake me up in the morning!!

...

Give her a break, it was either that or mouth wash!

Neo looks puzzled but didn't want to force her to say anything. It clearly was something else, but she didn't wish to share. He was fine with that, making Eda sigh in relief, believing he bought it.

Neo laid down.

Eda: Were you serious earlier? How Luz may actually SURPASS you?

Neo: Anything is possible.

Eda hummed as she gazed at him with a wide smile.

Eda: You were a real inspiration you know that? There wasn't a kid I knew who didn't admire you and your work.

Neo: Well thank you Eda

Eda nodded with a smile.

Eda: Say, you still have that amazing staff of yours?!

She asked, pointing to her poster, making Neo smile and hold his arm up.

Neo: Orion come to me.

FWOOSH~!!!

Eda stares in surprise as the familiar staff flew into the room at high speeds, her hair swishing from the wind. Though she didn't seem to notice as her gaze focused on the staff floating in mid air, right in front of her.

Neo: Wanna hold it?

Eda: YES!!! I-I mean, y-yeah, sure!

She was embarrassed and excited at the possibility of holding the so incredibly powerful. Neo smiles as he hands it over to the young witch, being a fair amount older than her.

Eda gulped as she slowly inches her hands towards it, her hands shaking wildly. Soon, her hands grasped around the staff.

Shiver~!!

Eda's body shivered in surprise at the feeling of overwhelming magic at her fingertips.

Eda: Amazing...!!!

Neo: I made it out of a meteorite

Eda looked over the entire staff, specifically the stone dragon and the glowing purple orb.

Eda: Does it... come alive?

Neo: Yes, but I wouldn't do that less you want to destroy your house.

Eda gulped as she held the staff at arms length.

Eda: L-Let's save that for a-another time.

Neo: Yes, you don't mind me sharing if so I could nap on the floor.

Eda waved him off hastily.

Eda: N-no no, you're fine! I-I think I have some extra blankets in the closet!

She gently set the staff down and went to her closet, digging for some extra blankets.

Eda: I don't know how you feel about it, so you can use these if you want!

Neo: Nothing like a mid morning nap Eda. I'd say an hour should do nicely.

Eda: I've been there, trust me.

She handed him an extra pillow as the man got comfortable.

Eda: If you're fine here, me and Luz are gonna see how our new housemates are doing.

Neo nods and went off to sleep.

Eda smiled as she left the room, turning the light off, heading to the living room.

/////

A/N: Just a small bit with Eda and Neo. Fan and idol, all that stuff.