Chapter 40:

A/N: Foreshadowing~!

/////

Neo was sneaking around.

Neo(thinking): Just what are you hiding Lilith?

He thought as he moved in the shadows of his father's castle, in one of the higher towers where the head of the Emperor's Coven lied, namely Lilith Clawthorne.

Neo looked around.

Aside from the number of guards and dark halls, making his way to the woman's bedroom was nothing short of easy from three trained warlock.

GLEAM~!!!!!!

Though felt a little more cautious entering given all that he saw around the room, even in the woman's bed.

He peeked inside behind him the guards were under a sleep spell.

"Snore... snore... snore..."

Back in the main room, Lilith seemed to be resting peacefully in her bed, while the warlock saw a certain theme of the room.

Neo(thinking): Bootlicker.

He thought with a raised brow and low head shake from the sight of all the posters and articles about herself in the Emperor's Coven or him.

Yes, literally him.

Like with Eda, the other Clawthorne sibling had a large affiliation with the warlock prince.

Neo: Let's see what plans you have...

He said in a hushed tone while waving his hand in a wide arc as his eyes glowed with magic.

Fwoooosh~!!!

Blue whisks of magic zoomed around the room, finding any form of the plans she or the Emperor has against him, the Isles, or her sister.

Neo: Little trouble maker.

What he found wasn't pretty.

Seems like there were some secrets that she's yet to share with her sister or anyone else, which made his blood boil.

"I still think of what I did that fateful day... the curse... I-I didn't mean for it to work that way, I believed it was temporary..."

He read in her diary with a squinted look.

Neo: Oh you bitch...

His knuckles cracked as he glared down at Lilith's sleeping form, knowing full well what this woman has done, and to her sister of all people.

"Belos promised me that if I can get Edalyn to join the coven, he can cure her of the curse! I must stay strong and capture her soon before the curse takes over entirely, it's the only way for her to be saved! I know she may never forgive me for placing it on her, but I hope, in the very least, appreciate me curing it."

Neo(thinking): Start praying little bitch, you're going to be doing a lot of it very soon...

/////

A/N: Short but to the point.