Chapter 8:

A/N: Enjoy!

/////

Neo hummed in his sleep as he woke up. Blinking his eyes, he looked around. He was still in the nest, but that's not what would put a smile on his face.

It's who was also in it that made him happy.

Neo: Hello pretty lady~

Eda mumbles something as she rested her head on his side shoulder. Resting on his lap like an actual cat was a snoozing Lue with a sleeping King on her back.

Neo: Kittens.

Luz mewed in her sleep as she rubbed her head against his legs while King mumbled orders.

King(half asleep): Mm... obey me... do as I say...

Neo strokes Eda's hair gently.

Eda smiled in her sleep as she relaxed, loving the affectionate gesture. His soothing petting put her at ease, his fingers going through her hair.

Neo: Morning Eda.

Eda(mumbling): Mm, morning Neo...

...

!!!!!

Eda's eyes opened in shock as she sat up. Looking over, she saw a grinning Neo. When she did, she went red in seconds.

Neo well a girl next to me in bed been a while since that has happened

Eda: I'MSORRY!!!

Eda shouted in embarrassment as she tried to escape the nest. But her foot got stuck and she fell forward.

THUMP!!

Luz woke up in surprise with her tail on end.

Luz: HISSSS!!!

King jumped up as he started swinging at the air.

King: I shall not be beaten!!

Neo: Normally I'd have my shirt off but that can still be arranged.

He said with a teasing tone, which made the Owl Lady very embarrassed.

Eda: NO!! No, t-that's not necessary!!

Eda(thinking): I could not handle it if I did see it.

She's admired the man since she was a little girl. She even had a small crush on him, but thought it'd never happen. But hearing him openly flirt with her was too much for her to handle at once.

Neo: Oh well.

Neo stood up and stretched.

Neo: You got a good body yourself.

Eda blushed brightly as she stood up, brushing the twigs and leaves on her pajamas. Luz started grooming herself while Eda talked.

Eda: O-oh stop, I'm a mess...

Neo: All the right curves to fit a sassy attitude.

Eda was certain she'd faint from all the compliments.

Eda: T-thank you Neo... y-you look great yourself!!

Neo: You know they made posters of me shirtless.

Eda looked "surprised".

Eda: O-oh, they did?!

Of course she knew they made them. She in fact still had every version to this day. Course she had them hidden in a very secure place no one will know.