Chapter Three // 300 Million meters per second // Daily Life

That morning, the cafeteria had an odd atmosphere.

Ryuji and Hiroyuki still weren't talking, and everyone wasn't quite over the events of Mei's birthday. Coupling that with Kotomi and Hannah's feud over seemingly nothing and Atsuji's uncomfortableness, nobody was really talking.

Plus, the timing was right for Monoissei and Monomeiko to give out their next motive to get us to kill each other. Not that anyone really cared about the motive last time.

We were all sat together when the door to the cafeteria slowly began to creak open. A small figure peeked through the crack, and a flash of blue hair was visible.

Mayumi gasped. "Someone is at the door!"

"Who is that?" Hannah asked, craning her neck.

"Use your brain, dumbass. It's obviously Teruko." Yukie grumbled. "Hey, Teruko! What do you want?!"

"U-Um, I'm kinda hungry, so-"

"Too bad!" She shouted, walking over and slamming the door shut. She turned around with a smile, stretching. "I'm kinda thirsty." She cheerily said.

"You can't just brush over that!" Hiroyuki stood up with force. "Teruko!" He shouted for her, running from the cafeteria.

"Baah, I dunno why he's so obsessed with helping her." Ryuji scoffed.

"Maybe he's just nice...?" Kotomi said, unconvinced.

"As our self appointed 'Leader', how do you think we should deal with Teruko?" Sota asked her.

"I-I'm not a self appointed leader!" She denied, laughing nervously. "But, if you think I am, then I guess I must be!" So that didn't last long.

"For a so-called leader, you've held both of the events that have caused deaths so far." Hannah said what everyone was thinking.

"Oh...I suppose that's true." She sighed, then slammed her hands on the table. "Alright! Starting now, no more big events!" She said, as if anyone would have gone to one anyways.

"I still think it's a shame that what happened to Mei, happened on her birthday..." Inaya mused, crossing her arms sadly.

"Guys, I have an announcement!" Haruto stood up triumphantly. "I'm planning our escape!

"Really?! How?!" Kotomi asked.

"I don't want to reveal too many details. Maybe I would have, but after Hideto's traitor talk..."

FLASHBACK START

Hideto Goto: But who disposed of the bodies? Placed the Eiken and Rika plushies? Opened the new floor?

Hideto Goto: I think one of you guys is a traitor working for Monoissei and Monomeiko.

Hideto Goto: Obviously it isn't me, and Teruko is too dumb do be it. I don't know who it is.

Hideto Goto: Just something you guys failed to notice.

Hideto Goto: Remember that when Mei's body mysteriously disappears tomorrow morning.

Monomeiko and Monoissei: My, my!

Monomeiko: What an interesting theory...

Monoissei: We can't say if it's true one way or another...

Monomeiko: But not everyone here is completely clueless.

Monomeiko: In fact, more than one of you are important to the killing game....