Chapter Three // 300 Million meters per second // Daily Life

"Hannah..." Atsuji sighed, upon realising what her previous outburst may have done to the group.

Most people didn't bother turning up for breakfast. Atsuji, Inaya, Kotomi, Hiroyuki, Ryuji and I were the only ones who did.

"Well, this is...admittedly not great. Some people who've never even missed breakfast didn't even come..." Kotomi sighed sadly. "Perhaps we could do something to bring everyone together, like a feast-" She stopped herself.

"Yeah. That didn't exactly go well last time." Atsuji reminded her.

"Yeah...maybe it's better to let everyone figure their own thing out for now." Inaya suggested, to which Kotomi nodded.

Hiroyuki stood up from his seat after finishing his food. "I'm gonna go make Teruko's breakfast." He turned to Ryuji. "Do you wanna help, Ryuji?"

Ryuji seemed slightly surprised by Hiroyuki's offer. "Um, sure." He stuttered, standing up and following him into the kitchen. Before entering, he turned and winked at me, showing that it was going exactly as he planned.

After the abysmal breakfast, I returned to my room. Everyone was probably in their room, waiting for everyone else to finish their breakfast. I decided it would be best to find Hannah and let her know that Kotomi wasn't in the cafeteria anymore.

I knocked on her door, but she didn't answer. Remembering what she said the night before, I called out, "It's Nycas."

Suddenly, the door swung open. Hannah stood with her hair down, tying her tie. I'd obviously caught her soon after she woke up. "What?" She asked.

"Just letting you know that your little outburst yesterday caused most people to skip breakfast."

"Ah, shut it." Hannah waved her hand, and began to tie her hair up. "I'm sure it wasn't just 'cause of me." She turned to the mirror in her room and pulled two thick strands of hair from the mess on top of her head and used them to frame her face.

"Well, that's what Kotomi seems to think."

"Fuck her, she's an arsehole."

"An 'arsehole' who hates you. She ranked you last even before you shouted at her yesterday. Even below Teruko."

She turned to me and raised an eyebrow. "And...how do you know that?"

"If you're in first you can look at two people's most recent opinions. By the way, rank me last next time, I can't be bothered being first any more."

She became slightly angry. "I didn't rank you first!"

"Don't lie. I ranked you first too, so don't feel like you have to hide the fact that we're friends."

Grumbling, she left her room and took me with her. "So...who *did* come to breakfast?"

"Myself, Inaya, Kotomi, Atsuji and..those two. Seems like they're back together, if you care."

"Good for them." She smiled. "And good for Atsuji. He's really come out of his shell."

We were walking through the hallway the boys' rooms were in and noticed that Haruto's door was slightly open.

He was sitting hunched over on the floor, wearing just his shirt and underwear. His boiler suit/overalls were lying on the floor in the corner of the room.

He was mumbling to himself, and there were zaps of electricity every few seconds.

"Um...Haruto?" I tapped his shoulder, and we both got electrocuted.

"GYAAA!!" He shouted, turning around and standing straight up. "Nycas, that's the second time you've done that!! Do you have a computer in there or something?" He walked up to me and started poking the side of my head.