Chapter Four // Galactic Century Trapped With You // Daily Life

Again waking up in the medbay, I scanned the room. It was empty apart from myself, and the bedside table was also clear.

I stumbled out from the bed, checking my surroundings. My eHandbook was notably missing, as was anything else helpful.

I glanced to the clock on the wall, seeing that the time was just after 10 in the morning. I nodded to myself and attempted to leave the room, but the door was locked.

Confused, I raised an eyebrow and scanned around the room for a key. I then looked back at the handle, noticing that it didn't seem to have a lock.

I put more force down on the door handle, rattling it. It still didn't budge, so I sat down on the bed and thought to myself. The memories of the day I had spent sleeping were coming back hazy. The dream I had was very strange, coming back incrementally and in slight detail.

The lights switched off. I sighed, remembering Yukie's perk.

When they came back on, I turned my head to the door when it rattled, came crashing open and then slamming closed again, letting in an out of breath Hannah.

"Oh, you're awake? Finally. You can help." She said breathlessly.

"What's happening?" I asked her and she flopped onto the bed, but not before locking the door.

"It started when you passed out. Again." She stared angrily at me as if I could help it. "I suggested we shouldn't leave the medbay door unlocked because we didn't know how long you'd be vulnerable again. There was a whole argument, Yukie was stabbed in the leg, blah blah blah et cetera et cetera." She waved her hand through the last sentence.

"Yukie was what?"

"Anyways. She was then like "Ahh, wahh, I can't find the light controller" then all the lights went off. Someone started attacking everyone and typing them up and stuff. I managed to lock this room from the outside and I'm the only one with the key."

"How long has this been happening?!" I asked in shock.

She paused to think. "Umm...maybe a day and a half? I dunno, do I look like a clock?"

I then noticed her dishevelled appearance. She clearly hadn't slept in a while.

"So, who have you run into so far?"

"Everyone, actually." She admitted. "Atsuji mostly. We were together for a while but then the lights went off and we lost each other."

"I wonder who's doing this." I said.

"You and me both. I'm fucking exhauste-" She stopped mid sentence when the lights went back off. "Okay, if you're grabbed from behind, don't panic. It's just the crazy weirdo." She explained. "You'll wake up in your room or something, but your door might be locked so good luck getting out."

"This is crazy." I declared. "Why has nobody done something?"

"I dunno." I assumed she shrugged. "Nobody has the power to fight back against someone who attacks in the da-" She yelped and I heard a loud slam.

"Hannah?!" I shouted.

The lights came back on, and Hannah was gone. The door to the medbay was wide open. I ran out of the medbay and looked up and down the hall for Hannah.

"Hannah?" I said again, moving slowly upwards.

"Psst." I heard a whisper from inside the theater as the door pushed open.

I walked inside cautiously, and was met by a strange grouping of people.

Sota, Ryuji, Hiroyuki and Yukie were cooped in the room like hostages, brandishing long weapons. Yukie had bandages wrapped around her leg.