Epilogue // The Logistics of Software Development

FROM: harmonylogrecorder@noreply

FROM:
harmonylogrecorder@noreply.system
TO:
sakakibarac****@talentscoutsjapan.jp
SUBJECT:
Harmony-0 log failure
ATTACHED FILES:
HARMONY-0 PERSONAL LOG 933.txt

Opening...HARMONY-0 PERSONAL LOG 933.txt

[SYSTEM]
Loading...HARMONY PERSONAL ASSISTANT V3.8.2
...25%
...50%
...75%
...100%
Loading...DISSONANCE COMBAT AI V0.0.4
...25%
...50%
...75%
...100%

[HARMONY-0 LOG]
"I wouldn't be so sure about that." Said Nycas.

"Ugh, it's just annoying! I sat and listened to this whole story and this is what I get?! Nothing?!"

"Calm down. You asked for a story, and I gave you one."

"Okay." Chikako sighed. "But how the hell did you know what happened after we were sent to this HELLSCAPE?!"

Chikako's question rang out over the infinite white void. She was splayed out on the floor, her golden dress fanning out.

"I'm an admin in this simulation, I'm directly linked to the cameras. As for outside, the computer I hooked the simulation up to is connected by Wi-Fi to the local electrical grid, and that's why we're still alive. I can also access some cameras, albeit with a really bad connection. Kimika was the one who advised me to hook up to that computer, so really we should be thanking-"

"Ugh, Kimika." She groaned, standing up. "Bitch. With her "Ohhh look at me I'm sooo cool I can delete myself so I don't have to be trapped for eternity." bullshit. Plus, the wifi was disconnected when she activated the shutdown! How did you do that?!"

"I have more than 2 and a half braincells to rub together." He spat.

"Get us out then!"

"No, we deserve this."

Chikako groaned loudly.

"How long have we even been here?" Nycas asked.

"I dunno, maybe a few weeks? Months? Time is weird here, like I told you. Y'know I went months between being able to talk to you in the game."

"Hm."

"So you're really stuck in your ways and think we deserve this?"

"Unfortunately. For me." Nycas quietly mumbled the last part.

"Heyy!! Y'know, I hope they never found your body."

"Ditto."

"They did find my body! I just...wasn't in a recognisable state, is all!"

"If you're gonna annoy me for all eternity, at least stop trying to defend your actions in life. I've admitted my mistakes, you haven't once."

"Why should I? I'm just a computer that thinks it's Chikako. I didn't do that stuff!"