Chapter Four // Galactic Century Trapped With You // Deadly Life

I don't know what I was expecting when I looked to the fridge

I don't know what I was expecting when I looked to the fridge. I could see the blood pooling on the ground and Inaya cowering in the corner. That alone should've been enough of a warning to stay as far away as possible.

Hiroyuki Yamasaki, the Ultimate Aesthetic Coordinator. Airheaded, but fiercely loyal. Maybe one of the only decent people left. And now...his head was in the fridge.

Immediately, I thought of Ryuji. I swung the door to the kitchen open, and called Sota inside, instructing Hannah so stay behind with Ryuji.

Hannah decided that she didn't want to, and followed behind him. "What...what the FUCK?!" Sota screamed.

The body discovery announcement played, which called everyone else into the kitchen.

"I...I..." Inaya attempted to speak, but she couldn't. She rushed towards the sink and vomited into the drain.

"What's happening in..." Hannah's face dropped. "So...all the body parts...holy shit. FUCK."

"A body..?" Ryuji's voice said from behind her. "Well, who-"

Silence. From everyone. You could hear a pin drop. Even Inaya had stopped what she was doing to gauge Ryuji's reactions.

His breathing picked up, and his eyes widened. Before long, his legs gave out from under him.

"That's...his head?" He whispered quietly. "If that's...then...but what?"

"Ryuji..." Hannah said.

"I promised that I'd protect him. I made that promise and I couldn't keep it. If i had known I was never gonna speak to him again, I would've...said more. The last time we spoke, I argued with him about a STUPID FUCKING BOWL OF RICE." He slammed his fist into the floor as he shouted.

Kotomi, Yukie and Atsuji all came into the kitchen at once, and shouted with horror at what they found.

"So he's...dead. He is dead. He's dead. That's all. He just...died." Ryuji repeated to himself over and over again. He was speaking into his hands, avoiding looking up at Hiroyuki's dead eyes which seemed from every angle to be staring right at him. 

We all stayed silent and listened to him quietly sob.

"He didn't just die." Yukie said after a while. "He was killed. By someone in this room."

"Like I don't know that!" Ryuji spat at her.

"Yeees he was!" Monomeiko, who was now on the monitor, said.

"And now, we must admit that while the motive and lightswitch were super fun, the motive has been permanently disabled, but the lightswitch has only been temporarily disabled. This is for the purpose of not obstructing the investigation and serving a fair trial." Monoissei said.

"Oh, and all of the missing eHandbooks have been retrieved and placed in your bedrooms." Monomeiko finished. "You should find the Monokuma file on them."