Chapter Six // Entropy, Elementarily // Daily Life

a/n - this is the longest part i've ever written outside of a class trial. it's longer than 2 of the trials in danganronpa despair avenue and much longer than any non trial part i've ever written before.

this is also the final daily life section before the trial, so be prepared for some heavy exposition

Darkness. Foreboding pitch black.

I couldn't see, I couldn't hear.

In the distance of the void, a soft glow appeared. It got larger and larger until I realised I was looking at the roof.

My hearing came back next, muffled voices around me. Then I felt pulling and squeezing all over my body, and felt the pressure of rope holding my arms at my side.

"Tch, this is stupid..."

"I don't even think he's dangerous."

"Hold on, the rope isn't tight enough."

"Guys! He's the mastermind, this is what's right."

These words swam around my brain messily as I slowly rose my head. I saw my four peers, Hannah, Inaya, Atsuji and Ryuji, standing over me.

"Good morning, Nycas." Hannah said with a sneer. "Not that that's your real name."

"Just to be clear, I didn't want to do this." Ryuji said.

"I get it, I'm dangerous." I said. "But I don't know what you want from me. I still don't know how to override the 6-trial protocol."

"Yeah, Well you might know some secret exits. Not taking that chance." Hannah said, pulling the ropes tighter. I took a second to observe my surroundings and noticed I was in the lab where I had woken up.

"I do not like this side of you, Hannah. You're mean." Inaya noted.

"Who said you could talk?" Hannah spat back. "For someone who was cosying up with the traitor, you're getting very bold. Why shouldn't I tie you up, too?"

"Calm down, Hannah." Atsuji said.

"Let's just talk about this. What are you gonna do to me?" I asked.

"Nothing until you tell us how to escape from here. If you've been the mastermind the whole time, I bet you lied about losing your memories, too. To make us less suspicious of you."

"Of course I wasn't, don't be stupid. Hannah, it's me. I know as much about this situation as you."

"I know for a fact that's a lie!" She shouted. "While you were out, a girl came on the monitor. Didn't tell us her name, but she had a staticky face. Told us you got your memories back."