Chapter One

Four moons later...

"Betcha can't get me!" Skykit squealed. The young snow-white she-cat was playing a game of mossball with her older sister, Leafkit. Leafkit fluffed up her gray fur and followed.

"I bet I could get you in the next 5 minutes!" Leafkit snickered "If I play with my full potential!" Leafkit swatted at the moss ball which Skykit dodged skillfully.

"Haha! I told you so!" Skykit laughed. POW, a moss ball hit Skykit in the chest.

"What did I tell you?" Leafkit asked, "Only been 1 minute and 45 seconds!"

"What's up?" Lionpaw asked, Lionpaw was a tawny tom with amber-orange eyes.

"Oh, Hi Lionpaw!" Leafkit turned to look at Lionpaw, amber eyes to emerald eyes. "The sky," Leafkit answered briskly.

"Uhhh, What do you mean?" Lionpaw asked.

"Yeah! Whatcha mean?" Skykit repeated.

"You asked what was up so I told you what is up, the sky!" Leafkit replied.

"Oh!" said Skykit, laughing, "but Lionpaw, what's it like being an apprentice?"

"Not that fun," Lionpaw replied, "but my mentor Cloudmist tells me great secrets of fighting and hunting!"

Suddenly, they heard and clear shout, "Let all cats able to fend for themselves, gather beneath the cliff!" Leafkit and Skykit looked at Lionpaw.

"Hun? Why are you looking at me!?" Lionpaw asked.

"You should totally go! Your fighting and hunting are AWESOME!!" Skykit exclaimed.

"Oh well, I guess. See you guys at the rock." Lionpaw said and left slightly flattered.