Chapter Twenty-four

At Sun-rise

Skystar woke up Galaxymoon and Briarwind and took them to the overview. "Why are we here?" Briarwind asked as she stifled a yawn. "I wanted me and Leafshadow to have some privacy." Skyspirit replied, "Now wait here." Then she turned around to get Leafshadow.

Leafshadow's POV

Leafshadow opened her eyes and found herself in a dark clearing. Suddenly, Leafshadow heard a low, raspy voice, "I have waited long enough. It is the time!" Leafshadow scanned the clearing and saw the dark figure of a large cat, "Let us unite, Brookstar and we shall achieve much together!"

After the cat had finished speaking, the clearing disappeared and Leafshadow found herself floating in blackness. She heard the blood-curdling scream of a she-cat that Leafshadow recognized but she didn't know who. Leafshadow then heard a cruel laugh and then saw, a couple of fox-lengths away, the bloody body of a light brown she-cat. Leafshadow advanced towards the cat but it vanished before Leafshadow could get a good look at it. Leafshadow then saw two dark figures, one of them looked fine (Leafshadow couldn't see their pelt color or details, just their outline.) the other had like, almost no tail. Both cats slowly started to turn their heads around then, Leafshadow was jolted awake.

Skystar's POV

Skystar shook her sister awake, "Come Leafshadow!" Skystar said, "I want to show you something." Skystar took Leafshadow to the overview where Galaxymoon and Briarwind were waiting. "I thought you would like to know that these two cats have mated!"

Galaxymoon looked down at his paws and Briarwind kept her expression blank and unreadable.

"Mom... I'm really sorry. I-" Galaxymoon began but he noticed Leafshadow smiling ear to ear.

"Don't apologize." Leafshadow replied, "I'm just glad you had the nerve to ask her."

"Wait, what?" Briarwind cut in.

"We knew the whole time..." Skystar grinned.

Narrator's POV

Later

"Skystar? Can I tell you something?" Leafshadow asked

"Sure!" Skystar replied.

"I- I think I had a prophecy," Leafshadow said.

...