Chapter Four

"Wake Up!" Skykit laughed as she jumped on Leafkit. 

"Ughh..." groaned Leafkit, "Get off!" Skykit purred with amusement and leaped off. 

"Skykit!" scolded Lightwhisper, "Don't bother Leafkit. She'll become an apprentice today!" Skykit scowled. She hated that her sister was one day older than herself. It made her so much more arrogant, according to Skykit. 

"Someday I'll be the one in the spotlight." Skykit hissed quietly.

Soon, it was sun high and it was time for the ceremony. Leafkit marched out of the den proudly, followed by Lightwhisper, and her other clanmates who were also going to be apprenticed. Skykit huffed and went to the back of the crowd. 

"Leafkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Leafpaw. Your mentor will be Crystalblaze. I hope Crystalblaze will pass down all she knows on to you." Stormstar turned to Crystalblaze, "Crystalblaze, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Sparrowtail, and you have shown yourself to be determined and loyal. You will be the mentor of Leafpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to her."

"Fernkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Fernpaw. Your mentor will be Amberclaw. I hope Amberclaw will pass down all she knows on to you." Stormstar looked at Amberclaw, "Amberclaw, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Oakmint, and you have shown yourself to be courageous and brave. You will be the mentor of Fernpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to her."

Leafpaw touched noses with Crystalblaze and Fernpaw touched noses with Amberclaw. "Leafpaw! Fernpaw! Leafpaw! Fernpaw!" The cheering quieted down when Lilywhisker stepped onto high rock next to Stormstar.

"I have decided to take on an apprentice, Sunpaw. I see great medicine cat potential in him." Lilywhisker declared.

"Sunpaw, do you wish to have Lilywhisker as your mentor?" Stormstar asked.

"I do." Sunpaw replied.

"Then you must visit the Moonpool and Moon-rise and be accepted by former Stormclan medicine cats." Stormstar said.

Sunpaw and Lilywhisker touched noses.

"The meeting is dismissed." Stormstar lept off the rock and went to the fresh-kill pile.

Skykit watched as her sister ran off with Sunpaw and Fernpaw to find her mentor leaving Skykit feeling rather alone, she spotted a mouse nearby and soon forgot about her sister. Skykit successfully caught the mouse and ate it up but she didn't know that she was being closely observed.