Chapter Ten

The next day at Sun-high...

Skypaw came out of the medicine cat's den. Most of her wounds had healed but she still limped a bit. As she made her way to high rock with her sister Leafpaw she saw many other cats staring at her and whispering. Apparently, Sunpaw and Fernpaw spread the news of Skypaw defeating the badger.

Skypaw and Leafpaw would have their ceremony with Fernpaw but Sunpaw had to be trained for a bit longer because he was training to be a medicine cat.

Stormstar lept up onto the high rock and Crystalblaze lept beside Stormstar. 

"I, Stormstar, leader of Stormclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn. Skypaw, Leafpaw, and Fernpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Skypaw, Leafpaw, and Fernpaw said at the same time "I do." 

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior names. Skypaw, from this moment on you will be known as Skyspirit. StarClan honors your bravery and spirit and we welcome you as a full warrior of Stormclan." Stormstar paused and rested his muzzle on Skypaw's head.

"Leafpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Leafshadow. StarClan honors your kindness and loyalty and we welcome you as a full warrior of Stormclan." Stormstar turned and placed his muzzle on Leafpaw's head.

"Fernpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Fernclaw. StarClan honors your energy and independence and we welcome you as a full warrior of Stormclan." Stormstar then rested his muzzle on Fernpaw's head.

"You will sit vigil tonight, the meeting is dismissed," Stormstar said before leaping off the high rock.

"Skyspirit! Leafshadow! Fernclaw!" the crowd cheered in unison.

"Come on," Leafshadow said, "let's go to the border, it's nearly sun-down," Skyspirit said nothing, she followed her sister smiling to herself.

*More Allegiances coming!*-Cathy