Chapter Nineteen

"How is Briarpaw doing in her training?" asked Skystar.

"Oh, wonderfully!" exclaimed Leafshadow truthfully, "She is so obedient and skillful!"

"Great!" answered Skystar, "I talked to the other mentors, and they all said the same. Well, except for Tigerpaw, I've heard that she's a bit naughty.

Leafshadow rolled her eyes before turning to Skystar, "Lionstrike is coming over. I contacted him yesterday night in a dream. Not very hard once I got Tansyflower to help, I just wanted to tell you so that you wouldn't, you know, think he was an intruder."

Skystar nodded before heading over to the stream where Jackallight had been captured. Suddenly a Starclan cat that Skystar didn't recognize appeared in front of Skystar and told her, "Lightwhisper is dead." before disappearing again. Skystar blinked and shook her head, No No No, Haha. I must be daydreaming! Mom can't be dead! but a part of Skystar was worried, Starclan has never been wrong. I will go check on Stormclan tonight. Skystar nodded to herself and headed back to camp. I will not tell Leafshadow until I confirm Mom is dead, I don't want to worry her.

However, when Skyspirit returned to camp, her sister was there to greet her.

"Mom is dead." Leafshadow said shakily, "I was visited by a Starclan cat."

"I know." said Skyspirit, "I got the message too. I decided to go check on Stormclan tonight, you in?"

"Sure." Leafshadow replied with a tone of uneasiness in her voice, "but we can't wake the kids."

"We won't sister, we won't." Skyspirit replied with a grin.