019

nineteen

Ten watched the only one he made friends with lay down on the bed comfortably the moment that strange lady got out of the room with a surprised face. What's weird is Johnny usually sits beside him every time he stepped inside the ward after his session – but why was he making himself comfortable on his bed?

To say that Ten felt like he was lacking was an understatement. He started overthinking, did he say something wrong? What happened to Johnny? Was it his fault that he started distancing himself away from him? Is Ten not enough?

So many questions yet not a single answer sparked in his brain.

The thai sighed and lay back down, there it goes again – the feeling of loneliness and anxiety taking over his mind once again. It's been quite a while since he had these thoughts – Johnny's presence did help him forget about the reason why he was in this bed, this ward, and this hospital.

"Hey,"

Ten looked beside him, seeing Jeno sitting up on his bed facing the thai's direction. It made Ten frown, they weren't close at all and from what he knows, Jeno isn't the type to start a conversation especially with his disorder (that he doesn't really know).

"Is something bothering you?"

Ten pursed his lips in a thin line, he didn't know what to reply.

After noticing how Ten was just looking at him weirdly, the other let out a soft 'o' upon realizing. "Oh, my bad. I'm Jaewon, twenty five. I'm the one who usually takes care of us."

Ten's jaw dropped.

First of all, the one talking in front of him is Jeno. Second of all, who's Jaewon? And for heaven's sake, this Jaewon dude is a year older than him. Third of all, what did Jeno mean by us? He was starting to get stressed at the number of questions lingering on his mind. At first, it was Johnny, and now it's Jeno confusing him?

"W-Who's Jaewon?" Ten managed to speak in a shaky voice – he wasn't used to people talking to him. "Y-You're J-Jeno.. right?"

The patient beside him blinked a few times again, "Oh right. Jeno was tired, I guess. That's what he told me. But hey, calm down first, I don't bite."

That didn't help the thai at all. He was very confused – mainly because he didn't know what was Jeno's disorder despite seeing the scene unfold in front of him when Jeno attacked Jaemin out of nowhere.

Seeing that the thai remained his confused face, Jaewon sighed.

"Hi, I'm Jaewon. Jeno's state was tired– that's what he told me. I am the oldest among Jeno's personas, making me the one who take care of them." Jeno, or better off to call him Jaewon, smiled at the confused thai.

"Personas? Y-You mean J-Jeno has.. More than one p-personality?" Ten asked in a soft voice, afraid he might say something wrong. Does Jeno have DID? Ten thought to himself.

But Jaewon gave him a wide smile, eyes forming to crescents. "Yes. Enough about us, how about you? You look so down until now."

Ten pursed his lips in a line for the second time, someone actually cares – if Jaewon is part of them considering he's just one of Jeno's split personalities.

"N-Nothing.." The thai sighed, not wanting to receive criticism if he tells him about being sad and anxious over a small thing. "I-I'm fine."

Jaewon raised a brow and stared at the other patient staring blankly at the ceiling. "It doesn't look like you are."

Ten didn't answer and covered half of his face with a blanket, letting his eyes stare at the empty and dull ceiling. He felt humiliated just by this Jaewon staring at him, honestly. The other patient sighed and walked over to his bed,

"You know, you can just tell me anything–" Jaewon suddenly stopped talking and looked down, eyes blinking rapidly before shutting them tight and lips sealed as he took a deep sigh.

Ten watched as Jaewon opened his eyes slowly, making eye contact with the thai male on the bed.

He gulped, "S.. S-Sorry about Jaewon hyung, he.. It's his.." Jeno didn't continue what he was saying before giving a last look at Ten's surprised face, turning his heel and walking back to his bed like nothing happened.

He assumed it was Jeno himself that switched back unless it was the shy type of Jeno.

It genuinely shocked him, but at least he gets to feel how it's like when someone asked you if you're okay.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"Is Moon Taeil here?" A lady, probably in her early 30's, asked the receptionist, biting her lip as this is her last hope upon seeing the said male.

"Please wait for a minute, Ma'am."

The lady nodded, tapping her finger on the desk as the receptionist typed on her computer. "Ma'am, he's admitted here about a year ago. Do you want to meet him?"

The lady sighed in relief, this was her last choice of a psychiatric hospital and she felt a wave of relief after finally seeing him. "May I?"

"You can, but we'll have to ask Dr. Qian for permission."

She frowned at the receptionist's statement, "Why's that?"

"Patient 1406, or Moon Taeil, is placed in the Irregular Ward. Any patients placed in that ward will be under Dr. Qian's order if someone wants to meet them or we'll do something to them." The receptionist explained, "I can ask him now, do you still want to visit the patient?"

The lady thought for a while – it's now or never. She traveled hours just to find him, thus making her nod at the receptionist. "I'll be waiting."

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───

fave resonance pt 2 song?