060 | 𝒆𝒏𝒅

sixty
ne year later

Irregular Ward, the place where everything started.

If it weren't for Dr. Qian, they wouldn't have met. If it weren't for his sister leaving him there because of his uncontrollable urge to hangout in the bathroom and eat lesser than what she expected, he wouldn't be here giggling softly at the sight of a certain male having a hard time putting icing on top of the cupcake. That ward shaped where he was right now, and he couldn't believe it's been a year since he left, and it's been a year since he got the news of the ward taken down.

The male, sitting down on one of the counter seats whilst propping on his elbow on the counter top, snorted audibly at how the icing literally splashed right in front of Hyuck's face.

"Oh my— Mark hyung, please grab me a towel..." Donghyuck pleaded and peeked an eye for Mark who was busy stifling a laugh at his state.

"Why are you even struggling, come on." He chuckled before grabbing a clean towel from one of the drawers, making his way to Hyuck and placing it on top of his head, lightly pushing him aside to do the honor of putting icing on the cupcake.

If it weren't for his thoughts of Donghyuck leaving him alone in the kitchen if he teased him, he would've teased the younger to death. But you know, he still has this depressed mindset that only Hyuck can make him forget. Depression might not be curable, as well as the other mental instability illnesses, at least there's always someone to help them forget about it whenever they're with them.

Today isn't their day, but because of this small incident, it looks like it's theirs.

"Oi, oi," A voice snapped Donghyuck back to reality, not knowing that he was staring at the canadian whilst wiping the icing off his face for a whole minute now and kinda checking the male out for doing his supposed to be work for him. "Now's not the time to flirt, Hansol texted and they're almost done setting up the venue, you know?"

"As if I didn't see you making out with Sicheng hyung when I got here..." Donghyuck whispered under his breath and Mark couldn't help but snort for the second time, completely catching Yuta's attention.

"What'd you say, asshole?"

"Ah no—" Just as Mark was about to stop them from arguing, Donghyuck's mind already did their thing and made up a lie -- something that can save his ass from this walking red flag and his anger issues. "I said you're really cute with Sicheng hyung and I can't seem to find the reason why you're angry about that. Maybe it's because Mark likes him that's why he snorted at the thought of you two together?"

Yup, you can feel their friendship crumble through Mark's doe eyes that held betrayal.

Yuta poked his tongue to the inside of his cheek, cracking the joints on his fingers as he eyed Mark from head to toe.

"Sayonara, babe!" Donghyuck teased and stuck his tongue out before rushing out of the kitchen. "That's what you get for laughing at me!"

"Now, Mark Lee..." Yuta clenched his jaw, "Where were we?"

.

"Sichengie hyung~!" Donghyuck sang softly, feeling bad deep inside him but who is he to show it?

The chinese looked up from writing his letter to, most likely, Kun and Hansol for this special day. He raised a brow as Donghyuck skipped his way to him and sat beside him, "I mayhaps provoked Yuta hyung, please go save Mark's fatass."