After math

This will be undergoing SEVERE editing so please be patient.

I would like to make clear that I do not own these characters, they belong to Rick Riordan!

Edited (7-25-23)

PERCY POV.

So that's it.
The war is over but it seems like the next war just started. War is always hard on everyone but when you lose your close friends, it's automatically harder. Children our age shouldn't be forced to fight these battles; sometimes I wish I was normal so I wouldn't have to see my friends and family die.
We lost so many people, after Leo flew off everyone watched the explosion in the sky and we couldn't believe our eyes. The calm after the storm is always the worst, after we all got over our initial shock and panic, you could hear the strangled cries from just about everyone.

We all stood there for awhile but I wasn't keeping track I had tears silently flowing down my face. I stood there and my head felt like it was submerged in water, if this is what drowning felt like, I never wanted to experience it again.
When everything became clear again, I realized the Apollo campers were running around to help the injured and were helping the ones who had minor injuries to the infirmary.
Others ran to find friends or loved ones to make sure they were safe.
  I ran to find Annabeth since haven't seen her for awhile and I would never forgive myself if she died. I finally found her comforting a crying Piper on the steps of the Aphrodite Cabin.
I understood what she was feeling, faces of good friends who I've lost flash in front of my eyes;

Zoë
Selina
Charlie
Ethan
Luke

No one should have to lose their friends so young and she had just lost one of her best friends.
Jason ran up to me and as soon as he saw Piper he walked over to her and took her from Annabeth. As soon as Jason had Piper Annabeth ran over to me and tackled me to the ground and kissed me, it was short but sweet.
"Thank the Gods you're alive, Seaweed Brain." She murmured as she burried her face into my shoulder.

"I told you I wasn't going to leave you again, Wise Girl." I laughed slightly, "Oh Gods, what are we going to do? Two wars in two years, why do we have to deal with this?"

Annabeth helped me off the ground and sighed,
"I don't know why this keeps happening to us, but I want to think it gets better from here and right now that's the best thing we can do. Because the sun will rise and we'll try again, just like we always do."
She rubbed my shoulder and I smiled weakly.

We both looked at the wreckage that Gaea had caused to their only safe place and then back at each other.
Annabeth smiled slightly and we both went to help clean up the mess.

•••••••

After almost everything was cleaned up and most of the campers were treated for their injuries, we ate a small dinner in the destroyed dining pavilion that would be fixed by the Athena children sooner rather than later.
We had a campfire tonight even though nobody felt like celebrating, even the Apollo kids who always looked on the brightside had lost hope.
The flames of the fire were about as high as a normal campfire, nothing like it was on the joyous days and were dark gray in color.

Sad but happy at the same time, which was how most of us felt and will feel for a while.
We had lost friends but we had won the war. I've learned that you can never be truly happy without some casualties.
Annabeth sat next to me and wouldn't let go of my hand, she seemed scared that if she let go I would disappear. Tartarus did a number on us both but I think it effected her more than it did me. Her nightmares are worse, she wakes up screaming and in a cold sweat every night. But I hold onto her just as tightly.
We all sat in silence as Chiron burned the burial shrouds for a many number of campers that we had lost, while Reyna and Frank said a few prayers and blessings for the Roman children we lost as well. After every shroud, and after every prayer the campfire turned a darker shade of black and bacame smaller. You could hear cries of pain and sorrow along with the chirp of crickets.
After the campfire everyone left with tear stained faces and shattered hearts.
I walked Annabeth back to her cabin, she kissed me and reluctantly let go of my arm as she walked into the Athena cabin and gave her siblings hugs, greatful that they were alive.
I made my way back to the Poseidon cabin with no one to greet or be happy to see, ready for a nightmare filled sleep.