49 Race to your Heart [FINAL]

Jungkook watches as the nurse cleans a scratch wound on Mina's leg.

"Luckily, you only got a few scratches from that slip," the nurse says.

"I have Jungkook to thank for that." Mina turns to Jungkook with a small smile.

The shock of a near-death experience is what Mina needed to snap back to reality it seems.

"It's nothing," Jungkook comments, humbly. "If it weren't for Taehyung, I wouldn't have been able to pull you up."

"I'm just glad you're still here, in one piece," Taehyung adds, almost lovingly.

Jungkook feels a tinge of jealousy inside of him but lets it slide.

"I'll leave you guys be, I still haven't had my lunch break," the nurse says. "I'll give you three slips, so you don't have to go back to class. No one should be forced back into class right after that."

"Thank you," Taehyung says, smiling.

"I'm sorry about everything," Mina apologises again.

"No need to keep saying it," Jungkook dismisses. "I think we should leave all of it in the past."

Taehyung nods in agreement. "Whatever happened between you guys, I hope that it's all better now."

Jungkook almost scoffs at Taehyung's tone-like he doesn't know what went down.

Mina eyes the book in Jungkook's hand. "I need to talk to you, Jungkook." She then looks at Taehyung. "Alone."

Taehyung looks at Mina with furrowed brows then at Jungkook. Jungkook raises a brow, signalling the boy to do as she says.

"O-Okay, just shout out to me when you guys are done," Taehyung says with a pout. The two watch Taehyung exit.

"What is it you want to tell me?" Jungkook breaks the silence.

"Have you read what's in that book yet?"

"No, I haven't had the time yet," Jungkook replies, looking down at the book.

Mina sighs. "I haven't been truthful with you."

Jungkook scoffs. "That's an understatement."

"N-No, what I mean is, what you think happened, is not actually how."

Jungkook tilts his head, confused. "What is there left to know?"

"I lied. I was never the one who delivered the notes," Mina confesses.

A moment of silence follows as Jungkook's eyes gape in shock. If it wasn't Mina running around for Taehyung, who was it?

"Sorry, I don't understand. How could it not be you?" Jungkook thought he had it all figured out. "Are you saying Taehyung did all that work?"

It seems impossible to Jungkook. It isn't physically possible for Taehyung to pull that stunt alone.

"You see, in this book," Mina grabs the book off Jungkook and opens it, "it documents all the notes that were written, and how they were delivered."

She points to a specific example. "This one here reads: Delivered early in the morning, might have been caught by someone arriving early UGH."

"But isn't this Naeun's diary?" Jungkook furrows his brows, trying to process the information.

"Connect the dots, Jungkook. I was that person who caught her!" Mina hands the book back to Jungkook. "Remember that morning you asked me if I saw someone putting the note on your desk?"