32

Jungkook and Taehyung agreed to meet up at the rooftop during lunch. Jungkook didn't feel like eating but Taehyung insisted on bringing some food. They set up a few flattened cardboard boxes to make their own makeshift picnic mat on the concrete. He wonders if Mina has noticed their absence from the cafeteria. He hopes it doesn't matter now that she sits with Naeun's clique.

"Well, this is nice," Taehyung says, his hands behind his head as they lay on the cardboard, looking up at the sky.

Jungkook silently agrees, soaking in the fresh air. It's much quieter up here compared to the cafeteria.

He has come up with more options on what to do with the Mina situation. One option is telling Taehyung about Mina. He remembers trying in the past, but each time Taehyung would divert the conversation to something else. It almost feels like Taehyung is unconsciously defending Mina and Jungkook doesn't know how to feel about it; however, this time Jungkook knows for sure Mina is bad news. Would Taehyung believe him now?

"I'm sorry for everything," Taehyung says.

Jungkook sighs. "I know. You can stop saying that now."

Taehyung leans on his side, looking at Jungkook. Jungkook can feel Taehyung's eyes analysing his face.

"Have you decided?" Taehyung asks.

Jungkook's gaze lingers on the sky, taking in the colours and textures of the clouds. "I've had my answer a long time ago."

Taehyung sits up. "You have?!"

Jungkook's laughter is gentle as he sits up, meeting Taehyung's eyes. "Do you want to know?"

Taehyung's nod is hesitant, and he takes a deep breath before gulping.

Jungkook leans in to kiss Taehyung-a kiss drenched in purpose. As they pull apart, Taehyung's eyes flutter before he asks, "Is that a yes?"

Jungkook smiles as Taehyung goes in for a second kiss; Jungkook however, stops the kiss with his finger. "Under one condition."

Taehyung's face changes to one of confusion. "What do you mean?"

"We can't let anyone know." Jungkook isn't fond of his decision, but it's the easiest way-even without Mina's blackmail, Jungkook doesn't want to be diving into a public relationship with another guy in the last year of school. That's like asking for social suicide. Especially if the guy he's dating is Taehyung-all the girls will kill Jungkook. Besides, it will give him time to deal with Mina without involving Taehyung.

Taehyung's face relaxes. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"I'm happy with whatever you want," Taehyung says, grinning.

A smile involuntarily spread across Jungkook's face. "Thanks for being understanding."

"I know you dislike being the center of attention. I can respect those boundaries." Taehyung pushes aside a strand of Jungkook's hair away from his eyes. "I'm just happy you don't hate me."

Jungkook pushes Taehyung down, straddling him playfully. "Don't say those words." Jungkook pouts. "I could never hate you."

The bell rings, making both of them groan. Jungkook wants to stay here a little longer, but he grabs onto the chance to walk with Taehyung to their class without it looking too suspicious-cause you never know when Mina could be watching.

As they approach their class, they see a crowd gathering around what seems like a fight between two students.

"Wait, I gotta quickly grab my things from my locker," Taehyung says, running off before Jungkook could say anything.