44

This is the last straw.

Jungkook shudders. Today is the day he goes back to school. The school break was uneventful. He spent most of his time floating between his house and Taehyung's place-the latter being something he enjoyed very much.

"Why do I feel like everything will be different when we go back?" Jungkook says, intertwining his arms and legs around Taehyung while they lay in bed, refusing to let go of the boy. He woke up earlier today so they could spend more time cuddling.

"Why do you say that?" Taehyung asks, stroking Jungkook's locks.

Jungkook stays silent as he thinks for an answer. He debates whether to tell Taehyung about everything that's bothering him throughout the break. They promised each other that there would be no more lies between them. However, not saying anything is technically not lying. Knowing Taehyung, if Jungkook told him about the Mina situation, Taehyung would confront Mina himself-which would lead to one thing then another-and suddenly the entire school would see the photos, all because he decided to tattletale.

"Can I tell you something?" Jungkook asks.

"You don't have to ask," Taehyung says, chuckling softly.

"I-" Jungkook stops, feeling his throat choke up. He can't say it.

"You?"

"I love you," Jungkook mumbles out, making Taehyung grin widely.

"I love you too," he says, eyes disappearing into crescents.

Jungkook tells himself that it's okay. He drops the topic and decides to enjoy his time Mina free while he can.

Taehyung hums contently. "You're extra clingy this morning; I like it."

Jungkook hides his smile on Taehyung's chest. "I just don't want to go back to school."

"It will be good to see everyone again," Taehyung says, trying to lift Jungkook's mood.

Jungkook shakes his head, disagreeing. "I hate school. I just want you."

Taehyung chuckles, rubbing circles on Jungkook's back.

It's not that Jungkook doesn't want to see everyone, it's just that he fears what Mina might do. He hasn't heard a thing from the girl since the play, and it rubs him the wrong way. It's like she's scheming something. He hates not knowing what is going to happen.

"Is something up?" Taehyung asks, feeling how tense Jungkook is.

Jungkook shakes his head and snuggles closer into Taehyung. "It's nothing."

"You promise?"

Jungkook bites down on his lip, nervously. He can't lie-he promised no more lies.

"I-" Jungkook chokes up, not able to speak correctly. He holds Taehyung tighter and takes a deep breath. He needs to stop running away from his problems, but he can't help himself.

"Hmm?" Taehyung runs his hand through Jungkook's hair.

"I promise."

What has he done?

💌

Jungkook has second thoughts as they approach the school gates. The open gates act like an invisible barrier. He's so close to turning and running back home.

"Jungkook!" He hears a voice from his left. "Taehyung!" Jimin shouts, running towards the two, and pulling them into a group hug. "I've missed you guys!"

Jungkook awkwardly smiles, while Taehyung laughs wholeheartedly. "Such a warm welcome," Taehyung gushes.

They pull apart, and Jimin examines Jungkook's face. "Are you okay, Jungkook?"