24

"Can I come up?"

Jungkook contemplates closing the window, but Taehyung will probably continue to throw pebbles all through the night, and when has Jungkook ever said no to Taehyung?

There's a wooden power-line pole next to his window that they used to hammer rods into. They would climb it and mark how high they could get with a pen. Most of the rods are still left in; however, it doesn't look sturdy. He can't imagine trying to get into his bedroom from it.

"Use the front door," Jungkook says.

Taehyung clicks his tongue. "What's the fun in that?" He proceeds to prop himself up the pole despite Jungkook's protests.

It's romantic in a way. It's no tree that leads onto a pretty balcony like in Romeo & Juliet; instead, it's their modern version—one where if Taehyung slips, he'll hit the hard pavement and roll down the street. Yes, Jungkook pictured it.

"Slide the door open wider," Taehyung says, reaching Jungkook's head level on the pole.

Jungkook nods timidly, feeling his stomach flutter. He hates himself for it. He really does. He spent two nights hating everything, and seeing Taehyung's face already makes him feel a little better.

Taehyung makes the jump, hanging from the window before rolling into the room with a loud thump making Jungkook cringe—he hopes his parents didn't wake up.

"Sorry," Taehyung says, brushing himself off.

"For waking up the entire house?"

Taehyung scratches the back of his head. "No, I meant for everything else."

"What?"

"I'm sorry for causing so much trouble."

Jungkook sighs. "You know, I'm still mad—"

Taehyung interrupts, placing a finger on Jungkook's lips. "Shh," he says before leaning in for a kiss.

Jungkook freezes and lets it happen as his hands uncross and dangle to his sides. His mind is cluttered with wild thoughts so stimulating that he breaks down, leaving no defence.

Taehyung pulls away, gazing into Jungkook's eyes. He attempts to speak, but this time, Jungkook pulls him closer for a second kiss—one more desperate and passionate than the first—reminiscent of their time in the janitor's closet, but this time, Jungkook can see.

Rushed kisses turn into shirt-lifting, and now they're on Jungkook's bed, roaming each other's bodies with their hands.

Jungkook wants to moan his name, but he refrains, remembering what went down the last time he did; instead, he bites down on his lip. Everything that happened up to this point rushes through Jungkook's mind. Every kiss, every touch.

None of his concerns matter when he has the one he likes on top of him, and it most definitely didn't matter to Taehyung the following morning.

Jungkook's parents don't even question why Taehyung is here—perhaps they know what happened last night just as Jungkook doesn't question why Taehyung is acting like nothing happened between them.

Eating breakfast has never been this awkward before. Technically, nothing terrible has happened. Last night was lovely—amazing even. Jungkook still feels Taehyung's kisses lingering all over his body. They didn't go further than that, despite Jungkook wanting to, but it was the better decision in retrospect.

Jungkook's mother brushes past Taehyung, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Will you keep Jungkook company tonight?"

Jungkook gawks at the two, silently demanding an explanation.