19

"Stop moving," Eunji says, trying to cover Jungkook's hickey with makeup.

"It tickles," Jungkook whines. They're at Eunji's locker, and school has just ended. Naeun dragged poor Eunji into Taehyung's stupid 'meet the parents' fiasco.

Jungkook is surprised that Eunji agreed to help him cover it up. He didn't even have to beg-that much. How is he meant to go home with a hickey on his neck? What will his parents think?

"So. About meeting your parents..." Eunji starts, trying to mix her two shades to match Jungkook's skin tone.

"You don't have to.".

"I know," Eunji says, slapping on some setting powder before pulling back to admire her work. "Done! It's like it never happened."

Jungkook looks at himself through the selfie cam on his phone, inspecting the hickey. He can still see a slight discolouration where it is, but it's not noticeable to someone who doesn't know it's a hickey. "Thanks."

Eunji chuckles. "I didn't know you had it in you to get down like that."

"I didn't!"

"Stop lying. I know what a hickey looks like, and you do too. That's why you begged me to help you cover it."

"Whatever."

"Was it Taehyung?"

"No."

Eunji gasps. "It totally was. How scandalous."

"I don't know who it was."

Eunji smugly crosses her arms. "So you admit that it's a hickey?"

Jungkook blushes, profoundly shaking his head. "I never said that."

"Are you girls done?" Naeun asks, walking up to the locker with Taehyung tailing behind. Her perfume becomes a trigger for Jungkook's anxiety, but For once, Jungkook is happy to hear Naeun's voice-anything to get out of the sudden interrogation about his hickey. He already had a few interrogations prior.

Taehyung's reaction to the situation has Jungkook feeling down. He had all his money on Taehyung being the note-writer the moment he walked into the closet, but it must not be; unless Taehyung is just acting. Usually, Jungkook is good at figuring out if Taehyung is lying and that's the reason why Jungkook is starting to doubt.

"Yes, we're done," Eunji replies, putting the makeup supplies back in her bag.

Taehyung proceeds to inspect the hickey once again. Jungkook shoos him away, not feeling comfortable with all the attention one stupid mark can give.

On the walk to Jungkook's place, all Jungkook can think about is his parents' reaction to Naeun and Eunji. He thinks maybe this is a good opportunity to get his father off his back about girls if he plays along, but then again, does it even look believable? He thinks his mother will see right through-she always has. He wonders what her reaction would be to him having a crush on Taehyung.

"I'm home!" Jungkook calls out when they finally arrive.

Jungkook's mother rushes to greet everyone. She wears her signature smile, unchanged from any other time; his father, however, is more than happy-which is expected since there are girls around.

He watches Naeun cling to Taehyung, and it doesn't go unnoticed. Perhaps watching is the wrong word; he couldn't keep his eyes off the pair.

Eunji tugs on Jungkook's shirt, whispering. "Your gay is showing."

Jungkook scowls. "Well, your les- I mean, haha yeah, we should totally go to my room." He forgets that he's supposed to 'like' Eunji in front of Taehyung-not that he cares at all anymore. Naeun isn't blackmailing him anymore (for now). Perhaps he should just expose Naeun to Taehyung so they can just move on with their lives, but no, Naeun will totally bring him down with her. Why wouldn't she? Jungkook's priority is making sure no one knows about the notes he wrote to himself-but mostly Taehyung. Taehyung can never know.