26

"So... are you coming over tonight?" Jungkook asks as the bell signals the end of class. "My parents aren't home." Jungkook needed to emphasise the last part, wanting more from their bathroom getaway.

Taehyung's eyes light up but then stall. "Actually... I just realised I'm busy tonight..." He says, looking away from Jungkook.

"But didn't you say you were coming this morning?"

"Something came up."

"What is it?" Jungkook's stomach starts to turn in on itself, hating that he won't be having Taehyung to himself tonight. Did he do something wrong?

"I'll tell you another time," Taehyung says while he gathers his belongings quickly. "I have to go; I'm going to be late."

Jungkook furrows his brows. Why isn't Taehyung telling him where he's off to? Why didn't he know before? He watches Taehyung rush off. What does he mean by another time?

💌

All Taehyung wants is to be with Jungkook, but he can't miss an opportunity like this. It's all for the better, and there's something he plans that needs the extra pocket money.

Yoongi set Taehyung up for a trial shift at a restaurant he works at. It came up out of the blue in detention today because he was late for class—due to having a little too much fun with Jungkook.

"Oi, you need a job?" Yoongi asked.

Yoongi's excuse was that the restaurant needed more attractive servers to bring customers in—which begs to question, does Yoongi find Taehyung conveniently attractive? It makes him giggle thinking about it.

Taehyung hopes to get the job. He fantasised all class about surprising Jungkook with a dinner with his first pay which is why he doesn't want Jungkook to know—it's only a week that he has to hide it.

Seeing the look on Jungkook's face when he turned down his offer to come over makes Taehyung almost give up on his plan. But no, he will stay strong. Jungkook's face when he surprises him will be worth it.

💌

Jungkook lounges on his bed, scrolling through all the messages he sent to Taehyung that have not been opened for hours. He's still thinking over all the possible things he could have been stood up for. Why would Taehyung say no to an empty house? Even before they started finding the hots for each other, it was always a celebration to have the place themselves.

They would have movie marathons in the lounge room in their makeshift fortress made of sheets. They would blast music as loud as possible. Eat as much junk as their heart's content.

He almost gives up, but in the spur of the moment, he has an idea. Maybe he'll send a few suggestive photos to get his attention. He sits on his bed, pulls down on his shirt so half of his shoulder is showing along with his collarbone, and then bites down on his lip.

*snaps*

Jungkook:

Come mark me

He sends the photo and starts to giggle.

Jungkook:

I'm feeling needy

He cringes, but it works.

Taehyung:

Jungkook!

Taehyung:

You can't send things like that while I'm out 😭

Out? Is he still out at this time? What could he possibly be hiding from Jungkook?