30

"I'm not Taehyung."

Jungkook gapes his mouth, surprised to see Mina standing before him, looking angrier than ever-eyes red, eyes that looked like they could kill. Not so innocent looking anymore, Jungkook thinks. He feels like he needs to brace himself for something, making him uncomfortable. He is moments away from turning and leaving, but Mina won't let that happen.

"I know everything," she says.

Jungkook wants to care, but he can't. He looks around the rooftop to see if there's anyone else, but it seems like it's just them. Disappointing. It wasn't Taehyung all along-he really did need to shit or something.

"It's all your fault," Mina says, trembling. "Everything is your fault."

Jungkook doesn't know what to say. This girl is having a breakdown in front of him, and it's his fault, but he doesn't know why or what to do about it.

"I haven't done anything to you," Jungkook says. "We barely even know each other."

"Y-You have no idea what it's like to watch the love of your life fall for someone else, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. He had me run around for him, delivering notes to you."

"You were the one?" Jungkook can't hide his surprise-it's written all over him. Mina, out of all people? Jungkook said Taehyung could get any girl to do whatever he wanted, but he didn't mean it. He never sees Taehyung talking to Mina apart from when she sits at their table. And now that he thinks back, didn't Mina transfer to this school? How can Taehyung be the love of her life? Ridiculous.

Mina nods as tears build up, threatening to fall. "I did everything for him. Whatever he wanted, I said yes. It was obvious what was happening, but I refused to believe it. That was until I saw you kissing him right here. You remember, right?"

Jungkook gulps and nods. Indeed, they kissed here. Right where Mina is standing is where Taehyung stood.

"If I can't have him-" Mina pulls out her phone. "-none of us can." A picture of Taehyung and Jungkook kissing in the gym storage room a moment ago is displayed on her phone.

Jungkook's eyes widen. "How?" He reaches to snatch the phone, but Mina is quick to retract. "What the fuck?"

Mina snorts, chuckling softly.

"You set us up!" Jungkook is angry. This can't be happening. He finally thought things were going to be better.

She dangles the phone, smirking. "Shall we make a deal?"

"Why would I want to make a deal with you?" Jungkook wishes the worst for this girl. She is stooping this low, stalking him and taking photos against his will. This girl is rotten. Worse than Naeun.

"Remember what happened to the last boy outed for being homosexual?" Mina skips to the edge of the rooftop. "Do you?" She looks back at Jungkook, smirking.

Jungkook groans. "Don't."

Mina starts to laugh. It's psychotic.

Dongyul. Jungkook had heard stories about him, but personally, Jungkook didn't know the guy-he was Jungkook's senior by two years, and he wonders how Mina could know if she didn't go to this school. Dongyul confessed to one of his classmates at the end of the school play in front of the entire audience, but the guy rejected him. It was not just rejection but a rejection filled with disgust. The guy and his friends bullied Dongyul for the rest of the year, and there were rumours that he jumped off this rooftop-these are only rumours, though. Some say he transferred to another school. But either way, no one here has seen or heard anything from him since.

She shows the photo again. "I can easily send this to the entire school. Everyone will know. Think about it; you don't want that for yourself, right? Or for Taehyung."

No.

This cannot happen.

Jungkook won't let it happen.

"Please," Jungkook pleads. "You don't need to do this."

"So here's the deal." She puts the phone back in her pocket. "I want you to stay away from him."

Jungkook shakes his head in disbelief. "I can't do that. He's my best friend."

Mina scoffs. "If I see anything I dislike, I won't hesitate to send the photo."

"Do it. What's the worst that can happen?" Jungkook crosses his arms. "You can't be serious."

Mina mimics Jungkook, crossing her arms. "You'll be thinking differently when Taehyung decides to distance himself from you after the whole school finds out."

No.

"Or worse, leaves you for good," Mina adds, glancing down the ledge. "I really thought they would have installed a barrier here or something, or maybe just locked the door."

Jungkook curses under his breath. "You're something, aren't you?" He shakes his head before turning back to the door.

"Just remember, I'm watching," Mina threatens as Jungkook walks away.

Jungkook fights the thought of pushing Mina off the roof, but that won't solve the problem. He feels guilty for even entertaining the idea, but god damn, he's pissed off. Who does she think she is?

💌

The following day, Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about what Mina said. He knows it's not true, and he knows Taehyung wouldn't leave Jungkook, nor would he leave Taehyung, but if the last month could be a precursor for anything, Jungkook has no idea what could happen. He didn't expect to kiss Taehyung let alone call him his own.

Taehyung has rejoined the walk to school. Jungkook thought it would make him happy, but instead, he's anxious, especially when he approaches the school gates and sees Mina glaring in their direction.

Taehyung puts his arm around Jungkook, making Jungkook panic, pushing Taehyung away.

"Sheesh, I didn't mean to scare you like that," Taehyung says.

"I-I gotta go to my locker quickly before homeroom," Jungkook lies.

"I can come with-"

"No!" Jungkook is just as shocked as Taehyung by the volume of his voice. "I mean, it's fine. I'll see you there."

"Oh, okay..." Taehyung frowns and then smiles before nodding. He leans in to kiss Jungkook on the cheek, but Jungkook swiftly dodges it, power walking away.

Jungkook feels guilty, but he might have dodged a bullet. Strange that Taehyung is being extra touchy in public. Like, going in for a kiss? Mina will castrate him. He thinks he will play it on the down low until he can figure out how to deal with Mina.

He feels stupid when he reaches his locker since there's no reason to be there; however, he opens it anyway, staring at nothing in particular before closing the locker.

"Boo," Naeun whispers into Jungkook's ear, jump-scaring his soul away.

"I hate you." Jungkook clenches his fist, fighting the urge to hit the locker.

"Ouch. Jungkook, don't be like that." She playfully pushes Jungkook's shoulder. "I thought we were buddies now."

Jungkook laughs. "Yeah, sure." In what universe? "If you don't mind me, I will be off now."

"Wait. Can you give this to Taehyung?" Naeun hands Jungkook a folded piece of paper.

Jungkook hands it back, closing her hands over it. "Do it yourself."

Naeun raises a brow.

"I don't want to be your messenger," Jungkook adds. "And I don't need another person blackmailing me."

"A-Another?" Naeun stutters. "Who?"

Jungkook finds a taken aback Naeun quite amusing, so he leaves her on edge, waving bye. "See ya later."

💌

A.N:

Double update for my faves ❤️