2

Jungkook grabs a slice of bread, putting it into the toaster and leaning back, humming a tune from a popular pop song while he waits.

"You're up early," his dad says, sipping on his coffee. He looks back to the newspaper, adjusting his reading glasses. "You must be up to no good."

Jungkook grins, knowing that his dad is spot on. "And why would you think that?"

"All you do is play those video games at god knows what time."

"I don't just play video games."

His dad lowers his glasses to give Jungkook a disapproving look. "You know, you'll go blind one day."

The toaster dings. "Well, that will be my problem."

"Unfortunately, your problems end up being my problems."

Jungkook ignores his father's grumbling, making his way out of the house with his now buttered piece of toast.

His plan is foolproof. All he has to do is get to school early—before most students, place the note that he oh so humbly wrote and walk back to his place before Taehyung arrives to walk with him. Then he'll start his day without suspicion. He will then open the note in front of Taehyung. Why the need to walk back and forth, you ask? Well, it's his only option to execute the plan without Taehyung noticing; hence why he is leaving super early.

Everything goes to plan until he arrives at school to find his homeroom is locked. Fuck. He looks through the window in to the door. The window on the other side is open, but he doubts he can climb two stories. If only he had a pin; he could try picking the lock like he's seen in the movies.

If he doesn't figure something out soon, he'll be late to meet Taehyung. He starts to roam the halls, looking for a solution. He had seen a bunch of teachers when he had walked into the school, but now that he needs their help, they are nowhere to be seen.

Hearing a vacuum nearby, he starts to speed walk towards the origin of the sound—the janitor would have a key.

He walks up to the janitor, trying to get their attention, but they don't seem to hear him. Jungkook reaches to tap the man on the shoulder, giving him a fright.

Turning the vacuum cleaner off, the janitor turns to Jungkook, eyebrows furrowed, "What on earth— Don't go sneaking up on people like that."

Jungkook bites his bottom lip, feeling guilty. "Sorry, sir. I just— there's this situation, and I need your help."

The janitor sighs but nods. "What can I do for you?"

"You see, I kind of left something behind in one of the classrooms—"

"You'll have to wait till school starts."

"No, please," Jungkook tries his hardest not to pull at his hair. "I really need to see if it's there. It's important. I-I'll—"

"Okay fine. What room?"

Jungkook does a mental fist pump before leading the janitor to his homeroom. The janitor unlocks the door and lets Jungkook in, waiting to the side.

Jungkook rushes to his desk, pulling out the note from his pocket and down onto his desk. He checks to see if the janitor is looking before returning.

"Did you find what you are looking for?" The janitor asks.

Jungkook shakes his head, a small pout forming. "It's not there, sorry."

"Maybe it's in a different room?"

"It's fine. I need to go anyway," Jungkook says, turning on his heels. "Thank you."

"No problem," the janitor replies before locking the door.