33

Jungkook is bored out of his mind. He wanted to hang with Soobin after school, but he has tutoring apparently. So here he is, alone in the drama room with Taehyung, painting props for the play cause what else is he going to do while he waits for Taehyung?

"Sorry, Jungkook. Naeun was meant to come help, but she said something came up," Taehyung says.

"It's okay. I don't mind helping."

Taehyung walks to Jungkook, his eyes scanning over the prop Jungkook is painting. "Why are you painting the dagger pink?"

"Because pink is a nice colour."

"It doesn't make sense."

Jungkook gasps. "Why can't the dagger be pink? The dagger chose pink, not me. Don't disrespect his choice."

Taehyung chuckles. "So the dagger has a gender now?"

"No? Why would- Yes. It identifies as he/him."

"Well, I think it's a she," Taehyung puts a hand on Jungkook's shoulder, but Jungkook shrugs it off.

"A she? Because it's pink? Isn't that sexist? If I wear a pink shirt, would that make me a girl?"

"Well... no. Why don't we ask the dagger its gender?" Taehyung suggests. "Dagger, what is your gender?"

"It can't talk, Taehyung. It's a dagger," Jungkook deadpans. He stands up and goes to throw the dagger in the bin.

"Hey! You can still paint over it." Taehyung lunges for the dagger, getting pink paint on his hand.

"I don't want the dagger to hide its true identity. Might as well end its misery now instead of making it pretend to be something it's not."

Taehyung wipes his hand on an old rag. "Well, you see, Romeo's dagger isn't pink."

Jungkook throws his hands up. "You should have told me beforehand. How am I supposed to know? Maybe it can be Juliet's?"

"I thought it was more of a common sense thing- wait, didn't you just go on a rant about pink and girls?" Taehyung shakes his head, smiling.

"Everyone can enjoy pink!" Jungkook wants to go home now. He's tired. He grabs his bag and makes a move to leave, but Taehyung stops him.

Taehyung moves Jungkook's bangs out of his eyes, tracing a finger down the side of his head. Jungkook is trembling at the fact that Taehyung's hand has that much power over him.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asks, his voice shaky. Taehyung continues to trace his finger until it's under Jungkook's chin, lifting it.

"I'm just appreciating the view," Taehyung says.

Their lips are almost touching. "Are you going to kiss me?" Jungkook asks.

Taehyung grins, inching closer. "Do you want me to?"

Jungkook gulps. "We're in public."

"When has that ever stopped us before?"

"Someone might see."

"Let them."

Melting into the moment, Jungkook closes the gap and feels pure happiness.

💌

Naeun rereads the text he got from Taehyung and groans. He has all the time in the world to have alone time with Jungkook or whatever the hell they do together-who cares? Why is he blowing her off when she has something urgent to share?

Taehyung: Can you not come? I want some alone time with Jungkook.

Naeun angrily paces back and forth in front of the drama room, ignoring the fact that she technically ditched Taehyung today first-painting props is lame-and she totally shouldn't be upset, but she is. She has the urge to barge in but waits. She leans on the door, watching a figure approach her.