36

Naeun taps her foot, impatiently waiting for Seokjin to come out of class. She hopes he stole the notebook back.

The memory of Mina's distraught face when she sat beside Taehyung still brought a smile to her face, and she couldn't help but giggle at the thought. While it was entertaining, Naeun still needs to proceed with caution. Mina might just end up leaking everything.

Seokjin finally emerges from the classroom, the sound of shuffling feet and chattering voices filling the hallway.

"I've been waiting for you," Naeun says, her tone slightly annoyed.

"Sorry. Mrs Choi wasn't letting us out until everyone finished the quiz," Seokjin says, zipping his bag up as they walk.

Frustration fills Naeun as she lets out an audible sigh. "So, do you have good news?"

Seokjin, with a shy expression on his face, smiles bashfully.

"No notebook," Naeun grumbles.

Seokjin nods. "Sorry. That girl has it on lock."

"Bitch." Naeun gets her phone out, scrolling through her contacts. "Well, did you at least get Jungkook's contact details?"

Seokjin nods. "Here." He hands his phone to Naeun.

💌

Naeun:

Meet with me after school.

Jungkook frowns. The school was alive with the sounds of chatter and laughter as students hurried to their next class. On his way to his class, he debates over whether he should honour Naeun's request or hang out with Taehyung.

Breaking Jungkook's thoughts, Taehyung catches up to him. "Walking to class without me?" Taehyung nudges Jungkook's shoulder.

"Not anymore."

Taehyung laughs. "I was thinking, maybe we should go to a cafe after school instead of the usual video games." Taehyung clings his arm around Jungkook as they walk. "I'm swamped with assignments. Maybe you can help me?"

Jungkook bites his bottom lip as his nerves get the best of him, but no, he's gotta do what he's gotta do-it's for the greater good. "I, uh, have to help Mum with something. I almost forgot."

Taehyung stops them from walking any further. "Wait, so we're not hanging out after school?"

"Yeah, sorry."

"Can I come?"

Jungkook can feel the hopefulness radiating from Taehyung. He shakes his head. "Don't bother. It's really boring."

"Not if I were there," Taehyung says. "I don't even have work tonight. Our time is precious now." He pouts.

Jungkook doesn't respond. He feels guilty and doesn't know how to turn him down, but Taehyung seems to get the hint.

"Fine." Taehyung sighs. They continue to walk. "Message me when you're done. I actually need your help."

Jungkook nods, a small smile creeping onto his face. "Sure."

💌

"How embarrassing," says a girl from the table behind Jungkook.

Jungkook is sitting alone in a cafe, waiting for Naeun to arrive. She said she'll be here 20 minutes ago and now he's thinking she's playing games on him.

"Are you ready to order?" The waitress asks-this is the second time they've asked.

"Oh... Uh, can I start with a latte?" Jungkook smiles nervously. "Sorry."