Chapter 16 - Quidditch

5pm December 2nd, 1974

Amelia's P.O.V

"Oi! MARLENE!" I shouted as I stormed into our dorm.

"Huh- I'm up. I'm up!" She announced after falling of her bed.

"GET READY!" I shouted throwing her quidditch robes at her. "We have a match in literally 10 minutes. Potters freaking out cause you weren't there." She looked confused. "Its 5PM-" I said. "Merlin you need to stop napping so much. WE HAVE THE MATCH AGAINST HUFFLEPUFF LITERALLY NOW!" I said grabbing her bedding of her.

"SHIT!" she ran into the bathroom and 5 minutes later came out changed and ready.
"FINALLY!" I huffed. "Let's go quick."

*****

After running for like 3 minutes we arrived at the stadium, the game had already begun and we were behind by 20 points.
"Quick lets go, oh and be prepared to get shouted at by Potter." I said. We both let out a laugh. "Let's go then," at that we mounted our brooms and set of.

"Sirius bats a buldger- oh what's this?" The commentator said. "Looks like gryffindors seeker AND other chaser are here. James wont be too happy about them being late."

"Get back on task!" Mcgonagal said to them.

"Right, right my bad. Oo Marlene has the quaffle, she shoots and scores. That's 10 points to gryffindor now only 10 behind. Still no sign of the snitch- wait! Jones has spotted something!"

They were right. I had spotted something, the snitch. I bolted forward on my broom, I could feel the hufflepuff seeker not far behind. I slowly reached forward trying to grasp it but I couldnt.

I stopped pretending to have lost it when in reality I knew it was within hands reach. Just behind me actually.

"Wait- shes lost it. She sure was close though-" the commentator announced through the speakers.

At that I quickly put my hand behind my head and grabbed the snitch, just before Diggory could. I think that's his name, not quite sure.

"SHES GOT THE SNITCH! JONES HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS!" The speakers screamed. Cheers could be heard from the gryffindor stands as me and the team came down. Me and Mar made eye contact, noticing a very angry Potter flying our way.

"SHIT!" I shouted at her. She got the hint and began to run. I gave her a head start thinking I'd distract Potter for a little.

"JONES I SWEAR TO MERLIN! WE ALMOST LOST THAT GAME BECAUSE OF YOU TWO!" he was still over the other side of the pitch but you could hear his screams.

Maybe I should just run. At that I began to sprint to the changing rooms, Potter not far behind.

"HOW ARE YOU SO FUCKING FAST JONES?!" He shouted, his voice was quiet cause he was far but you could still hear him.

"HA! YOUR JUST SLOW!" I replied. Still running away.

*****

Me and Marlene were the last ones in the changing rooms.

"We should head back now. They're probably throwing a party for the first win." We laughed.

"True true. Any excuse for a party though," I replied. "Let's go then." We grabbed our bags and made our way back.

"Hippogriff." I said opening the painting to the common room. Marlene was right, basically all the gryffindors were dancing and partying.

"So then... Jones, when do I get to know your name?" Black asked taking a sip of his drink.

"When you've proven you deserve to know me," I replied, I began to walk of to the snack table.

Sirius Blacks P.O.V

Ughhh. Why does she have to be so dam complicated?!

"Ooooo does Padfoot have a crush?" Moony teased as he walked over.

"Shut up Moony. And no I dont. It's just frustrating." I rolled my eyes.

"I think Padfoot has a thing for Jones," said Prongs.

"Merlin, not you too. I'll hex you if either of you mention this to anyone!"

They smirked.

"So you do have a thing for her? Ooo no point denying it now. Thought you two are enemies though?" Wormtail stated, dramatically saying enemies.

"Well- I mean- shut up!" I said throwing my hands up. "Let's just party for fucks sake!"

*****

The party ended a few hours ago. It was now around 4am, I couldnt sleep. I stood up grabbing a hoodie and went for a walk.

Sneaking out can be difficult not going to lie. Wait- is that Jones?

I thought for a moment before following her down to the Black Lake.

"That's technically stalking you know?" She said, turning round to look me in the eye. "I know your alot of things Black but a stalker? Yikes."

I rolled my eyes. "Haha very funny. How come your up still? It's like 4am. Shouldnt you be asleep or something?" I asked. She went onto her tiptoes smiling.

"Shouldnt you be sleeping too?" She replied as she walked away again. Towards the lake. She didnt want to be followed, I knew that. So I made my way back to my dorm.