Chapter 19 - Slightly Less Confused

December 15th 1974

Marlenes P.O.V

"MARLENE! Will you wake up sleeping beauty or are you just going to stand there?!" Lilys voice boomed in my ear.

We all know Amelia doesnt want to go to the Christmas thing, ofcourse Lily is probably going to drag her there anyway. She says its because she doesnt want to deal with stuck up girls in dresses and fancy music. Somethings definitely of though.

"MARLENE?! Me and Alice are going to the library. If you two arent there in 30 minutes I'm coming back with a bucket of water!" Lily said as she left the dorm with Alice.

Within seconds of her leaving Amelia jumped up from her bed and into her trunk.
"I got the dye. You got the shampoo?" She said as she walked to her wardrobe grabbing some Jeans and a top.
"Yep." She smirked at my reply.

"So remember the plan?" She asked.

"Sneak into the boys dorm. And replace their shampoo with this one. Your going to add some of the pink dye. How long is it going to last?" I said nodding.

"Two weeks. The spell wont remove it. I've charmed it so that only my wand can remove it." She answered. I let out a laugh as we left the girls dormitory and made our way to the boys.

As we left their dormitory we made our way to the portrait.

"Where are you girls going?" A voice from behind us called.

"Library. We were supposed to go with Lily but Jones here over slept." I replied. It wasnt a lie technically; just not the whole truth.

"Right. Can we speak to Jones?" Another voice said. "Pranks." They added.

"Sorry boys," Amelia said as she turned around. "Got no time for games. Besides, I've got to talk to Lucius." She said with a smirk. Before anybody could say anything she ran towards the great hall.

That's bullshit. How dare she leave me with these idiots!

"Why she talking to Malfoy?" I heard Black mutter.

"Aw. Is Someone jealous?" I asked pouting slightly. He rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Yikes. What's his problem?" I said rolling my eyes.

The three boys smirked.

"Wait." I said stopping at the portrait. "No fucking way!" The boys immediately turned to me.

"What do you know about Padfoot?!" James asked immediately, he seemed desperate to know what I know.

Ofcourse I know nothing actually. Except now that its something to do with Sirius and that those three know.

I shrugged my shoulders and left the common room.

Amelia's P.O.V

I walked into the library expecting to see a busy Lily and a bored Alice. To my surprise, I found neither.

"They already left dear. I was told to give you these if you stopped by," the librarian said handing me some books. I smiled and walked towards a table.

Advanced potion making.

The story of the three brothers.

As intriguing as these are, I'd much rather look into the boys and the issue of them disappearing each month.

September 1st. Missing. They didnt return till around 3am according to Lily.

30st October. Missing again. Left at like midnight, didnt return till around 5am on the 31st.

29th November. Missing again. Left around 9pm, returned around 4am the next day.

What do these dates even have in common?

All 4 return early in the morning and leave after curfew. They all are extremely tired the day after, the day before they seem on edge. Remus is always missing before these dates AND a few days after. He also has a bunch of scars on his body, they seem like animal Marks.

"Is she okay? She looks like shes actually interested in what shes doing." A muffled voice said.

"I'm not sure. What's she even reading?" Another said.

I snapped myself back from my head and turned around, only to see the girls.

"Oh okay shes fine." Lily said taking a seat next to me.

"Why are you sitting down!?! We have to get ready! I'm not about to be late to the party!" Marlene shouted in a hushed whisper. She grabbed the books and started putting them away.

"Are you okay A? You've been here for like 6 hours." Lily said placing her hand on my back.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just got caught up I guess." I replied giving her a soft smiled which she returned. "We best get going or Marlenes going to kill us." I added dragging Lily by the arm.

"Hey Lils?" She stopped turning round to look at me. The halls were practically abandoned, everybody probably getting ready or in their common rooms discussing their dates and dresses. "Can I ask you something? It's about astronomy" She nodded and we walked slowly instead of running. "What did the 1st of September, the 30th of October and the 29th of November have in common?" I asked.

"Hmm I'm not sure." She answered. She seemed to be deep in thought, probably trying to figure it out. I know its wrong lying to her or whatever. But technically it could be astronomy, like maybe I'm asking about the stars and moon she doesnt know.

The moon.

"I think they were all full moons. The 30th of October though wasnt, the 31st was. You would have to check with Professor Sinistra." She finished. I smiled and nodded.

The full moon. OFCOURSE! That's makes so much sense now. One of them is a werewolf! How could I miss it? I'll have to look at werewolves next time I'm at the library.

"Hippogriff," Lily said as we approached the portrait.